Release date: February 24th, 2015
Purchase link: Big Hero 6
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $24.99
Notes: Debossed title, gloss finish, region-free

16943828.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
no paintchips etc, you got lucky lol

I went to three stores and personally examined around 60 copies. I would guess that 95% of the print run suffered from the typical Made In Mexico production flaws. Chip and scratches, and nicks on the spine.

And then there are most likely flaws that you don't notice right away. After you go home and examine it under the light, there are most likely visible flaws that even the trained eye didn't notice the first time around.

Luckily I scored a couple near perfect copies.

I went to three stores and personally examined around 60 copies. I would guess that 95% of the print run suffered from the typical Made In Mexico production flaws. Chip and scratches, and nicks on the spine.

And then there are most likely flaws that you don't notice right away. After you go home and examine it under the light, there are most likely visible flaws that even the trained eye didn't notice the first time around.

Typical Made In Mexico production flaws??? :stop:

As far as I know, steelbooks are not made in Mexico. They are made in Denmark, USA and Hong Kong or some other country in Asia. I would guess most steelbooks distributed in the USA come from Scanavo's factory in the USA. So, these are typical Made in USA production flaws :rolleyes:

Typical Made In Mexico production flaws??? :stop:

As far as I know, steelbooks are not made in Mexico. They are made in Denmark, USA and Hong Kong or some other country in Asia. I would guess most steelbooks distributed in the USA come from Scanavo's factory in the USA. So, these are typical Made in USA production flaws :rolleyes:

I saw the "Made in Mexico" on the back so that's what I assumed. But actually it says "Disc made in Mexico", sooooo sorry lol I stand corrected.

So yeah, yeah US production flaws....

The US steelbooks are probably made in sweatshops with illegal immigrant labo(u)r.

(Did I really type that?)

The Target one certainly looks better and I see the Thai one has a largely pointless border.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Any chance knowing the depth of inspection you initiate. Sorry, but in theoretical level examining 60 steelbooks (assuming 20 per stores) from 3 stores - does examination per steelbook be around 5mins per steelbook or something?

Any chance knowing the depth of inspection you initiate. Sorry, but in theoretical level examining 60 steelbooks (assuming 20 per stores) from 3 stores - does examination per steelbook be around 5mins per steelbook or something?

I start with the spine. If it's slashed, nicks, crooked or mis aligned....NEXT. Then I examine the front, then side, top, bottom...looking for flaws. It's it has a "pop" noise, ect.

I can examine a steel in less than a minute.

I put all the rejects back on the shelf and make a careful stack of the primo copies. Then I examine primo copies again more slowly, to look for flaws I missed upon the initial inspection. I hold it up to the light, and look at it at an angle and such to check for hard to see flaws. I am talented at this. I get the best of the best.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: blu-steel
I start with the spine. If it's slashed, nicks, crooked or mis aligned....NEXT. Then I examine the front, then side, top, bottom...looking for flaws. It's it has a "pop" noise, ect.

I put all the rejects back on the shelf and make a careful stack of the primo copies. Then I examine primo copies again more slowly, to look for flaws I missed upon the initial inspection. I hold it up to the light, and look at it at an angle and such to check for hard to see flaws. I am talented at this. I get the best of the best.

Pretty much the same way I do it as well.

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches

The only thing that throws a monkey wrench into the inspection process is those damn plastic cases they encapsulate it with. :mad:

The only thing that throws a monkey wrench into the inspection process is those damn plastic cases they encapsulate it with. :mad:

I go to target at open, and usually avoid security cases altogether. If that's an issue at one store, I go to another store. Usually I get The pick of the litter at the three stores in my area

All you really have to do is ask the electronics clerk if there's more in the back without security cases. And make sure to ask if they can bring all the copies out so you can pick, please** and smile and say thank you and that usually does the trick. Sometimes you get the old grumpy B or fart that hate their job/life and doesn't want to help you out at all, but that usually is not the case

• Informative
Reactions: Phantasmic