Big Trouble in Little China (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: February 26th , 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live on Saturday February 3, 2018 at 18.00 (6PM) UK time)
Price: £17.99

11668594-2104549081051458.jpg

11668594-1494549080967737 (1).jpg 11668594-1734549080918477.jpg 11668594-7544548893701725.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
- This art is better than the first!
but I've got to say I think the artwork is much better for this release.
giphy.gif

This better than .................................................................................................................. this . . . from the great Drew Struzan? Okay . . . but seriously . . . with the title on both front and back!?

upload_2018-1-26_22-16-41.png
upload_2018-1-26_22-29-0.png
upload_2018-1-26_22-9-39.png

One good thing about the new steelbook, if confirmed, is the text-free back :thumbs:

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: milky and FN-2187
I have the ordinary Arrow blu-ray but could do with extra dose of steel in my collection. (He says having picked up his 337th steelbook today!)

giphy.gif

This better than .................................................................................................................. this . . . from the great Drew Struzan? Okay . . . but seriously . . . with the title on both front and back!?

View attachment 355067 View attachment 355068 View attachment 355066

One good thing about the new steelbook, if confirmed, is the text-free back :thumbs:

Title on the front and back is a bit stupid but I prefer the artwork.

I went on ebay to see what the original was going for and found a job lot with the original Arrow release, Goonies and Haloween 35th anniversary for £60. Pretty good I thought.

The post I responded to didn't say that either

I’m just messing with you. :p
Because that initial post here said that it’s “Another Comic-book style Steelbook”- and that the “First One was enough”.

But this poster is Offical Promotional Artwork that you previously agreed with was a preferable option to any other inspired art work that could have been licensed out.

I’m just messing with you. :p
Because that initial post here said that it’s “Another Comic-book style Steelbook”- and that the “First One was enough”.

But this poster is Offical Promotional Artwork that you previously agreed with was a preferable option to any other inspired art work that could have been licensed out.
Where did I say that

Where did I say that

Page 2 of the Blade Runner 2049 US Best Buy Steelbook. :p

I’m sorry, but I am on the opposite side of the spectrum. I personally prefer that they stick to any of the existing promotional art/posters designs because I utterly detest the alternatives which is usually the pop/mondo art. Now, it is probably important to acknowledge that the artist behind these pop/mondo arts are talented in their own right. However, as a movie enthusiast, the poster designs in the theatres are generally more appealing than these “unique canvas” designs you seems to adore. As much as I hope the FAC exclusive was not cancelled, I am glad that this title is not getting a cartoon look treatment.
THIS /\ /\

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Arrow and Zavvi re-hashing something limited and flogging it again. but this time they've combined forces.

I love Arrow but their recent announcements of already released movies. Taking the piss a bit.

Wow
In a completely different thread.
And in the context of Mondo art Vs poster art.

Do the circumstances change?
I mean- the debate of which form of artwork is superior- Promotional or Inspired shouldn't change depending on the thread, should it?
If anything, it should be contextual based on the artist- and whether or not certain renditions are superior to one another, and not a broad-stroke of "Promotional" being better than "Licensed" artwork.

Sorry, I'm not trying to antagonize you- I was initially just making fun- but I'd like to hear your opinion on the circumstances of what you think makes some art prefferable to others... :)

Oh YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I don't pre-order much, but this will be a done deal. Pumped that this will be mine!!! WooooHoooooo.in a quite substantial fashion.