Big Trouble in Little China (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: February 26th , 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live on Saturday February 3, 2018 at 18.00 (6PM) UK time)
Price: £17.99

11668594-2104549081051458.jpg

11668594-1494549080967737 (1).jpg 11668594-1734549080918477.jpg 11668594-7544548893701725.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, i think with the print run being 4000 for this, and the previous one being 4000 as well (i think?), then there's fair chance it will be around long enough for a nice price drop. If i remember well, the first one didn't sell out before release date, and was around for a while after that, so i personally think it will be around for a while. Just have to wait and see, i suppose. But yeah, i also try to pick-em-up-cheap these days - especially if they are movies i'm not that sure would be my cup of tea.
Previous Steelbook from December 2013 was a print run of 4,000 it went OOP with Arrow Films 3 months later in March 2014
Remaining stock sold out then later with Amazon and Zavvi and other retailers in March/April 2014 with a brief period coming back in stock with Zavvi in October 2014 and then was gone never to be back in stock.

The artwork showing now on this steelbook was the previous mock up that was listed back in 2013 before that got updated to the Drew Struzan artwork

This was back in 2013/2014 when you had lot less steelbook collectors compared to now

A few back then was holding out for a price drop and missed out by not ordering when they could

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spookz
... credibility is in short supply. I don't remember these type of antics from Eureka or Masters of cinema, for example, but correct me if i'm wrong on that.

Yes, we've had one, just one, re-release steelbook from arguably the most interesting/varied of the boutique labels - Eureka, with 2 steelbooks for *METROPOLIS in their Masters of Cinema line . . . as with BIG TROUBLE, METROPOLIS was re-released several years after the original.

As for re-releasing steelbooks - most do it . . . most prolific being Disney with at least 4 LION KING steelbooks released to date.

*HOWEVER, unlike the new BIG TROUBLE steelbook - which reportedly has the same content as the original steelbook - the Eureka re-release is different . . . and not just because of the obviously great and very different art on both.
It is a 2 BD set with a second disc of Special Features:-
NEW - Metropolis Refound - a 2010 documentary by Evangelina Loguerico exploring the rediscovery of the most complete print of the Fritz Lang masterpiece in an Argentinean film museum.
NEW - Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis - the 1984 re-imaging of Metropolis featuring a soundtrack by Moroder himself and artists such as Adam Ant, Pat Benatar, Freddie Mercury and many more.
NEW - The Fading Image, a rarely seen behind-the-scenes documentary about Moroder’s restoration and scoring of Metropolis.

Reactions: Vegano
Is this artwork "FINAL"? The item page at Zavvi states *Artwork subject to change.

If it did get changed, I doubt they'd reissue the original. but I wouldn't mind it being this art by Jason Edmiston.......
Big%2BTrouble%2BIn%2BLittle%2BChina%2Bby%2BJason%2BEdmiston.jpg

Yes, we've had one, just one, re-release steelbook from arguably the most interesting/varied of the boutique labels - Eureka, with 2 steelbooks for *METROPOLIS in their Masters of Cinema line . . . as with BIG TROUBLE, METROPOLIS was re-released several years after the original.

As for re-releasing steelbooks - most do it . . . most prolific being Disney with at least 4 LION KING steelbooks released to date.

*HOWEVER, unlike the new BIG TROUBLE steelbook - which reportedly has the same content as the original steelbook - the Eureka re-release is different . . . and not just because of the obviously great and very different art on both.
It is a 2 BD set with a second disc of Special Features:-
NEW - Metropolis Refound - a 2010 documentary by Evangelina Loguerico exploring the rediscovery of the most complete print of the Fritz Lang masterpiece in an Argentinean film museum.
NEW - Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis - the 1984 re-imaging of Metropolis featuring a soundtrack by Moroder himself and artists such as Adam Ant, Pat Benatar, Freddie Mercury and many more.
NEW - The Fading Image, a rarely seen behind-the-scenes documentary about Moroder’s restoration and scoring of Metropolis.
Yeah, i had this in my mind when i wrote that, but wasn't sure either way - thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Is this artwork "FINAL"? The item page at Zavvi states *Artwork subject to change.

If it did get changed, I doubt they'd reissue the original. but I wouldn't mind it being this art by Jason Edmiston.......
Big%2BTrouble%2BIn%2BLittle%2BChina%2Bby%2BJason%2BEdmiston.jpg
Majority of steelbooks pre order listings have artwork subject to change

It's nothing new it's just to cover any later possible changes to artwork before been released

Artwork spoiled for me by the bad scaling . . . too much black on the front + too much dead space in the top half + cast too small . . . as well as Kurt Russell not looking like Kurt Russell (or as he should look - see Struzan poster below / original steelbook).

An adjustment to the layout such as seen in the other original poster below right would have made more sense to me with the title dropped to the left thus allowing for larger and more satisfactory scaling of artwork:-
BAD ...................................................................................................... GOOD
upload_2018-2-7_18-28-30.png
upload_2018-2-7_18-31-18.png
..........................................................................................................
upload_2018-2-7_18-34-53.png
upload_2018-2-7_18-50-34.png

We have an idea what the design in the OP will look like based on previous releases:-
BAD .......................................................................................................... GOOD
23336_large.jpg
53627_large.jpg
... / ...
$_86.JPG

Have Arrow got a hard-on for black - or at least dark background - steelbooks? I couldn't possibly comment . . .
198028_large.jpg

39804_large.jpg
56958_large.jpg
64632_large.jpg
71562_large.jpg
69560_large.jpg
132999_large.jpg
92564_large.jpg
92755_large.jpg
103118_large.jpg
104501_large.jpg
97508_large.jpg
104264_large.jpg
104529_large.jpg
122917_large.jpg
143725_large.jpg
162022_large.jpg
181729_large.jpg
185371_large.jpg
188124_large.jpg
194834_large.jpg

Last edited:
Cancelled for now

Will pick up at a later date maybe on a price drop

This ones gonna hit the bargain bin in a few months like society and bride of re animator, no rush here people.

Quite possible . . . but as starting to dispatch it should be possible to read what people think about this steelbook on Friday / Saturday and hopefully see pics . . . then act accordingly.

Tricky to gauge the demand for this release considering the first one is long gone . . . and maybe not the best idea to compare BIG TROUBLE with the niche SOCIETY and BRIDE OF R-A both of which already had v. smart collector's editions released 1 1/2 - 2 years before the respective steelbooks.

Personally not a fan of the layout of the BIG TROUBLE artwork on the steelbook but at least in my experience the finish will be quality without the streaking seen on some of the other studios' steelbooks - very important here with all that black!

Speaking for myself, erring on the side of caution with BIG TROUBLE and not making my mind up until I see in-hand pics. If it somehow looks better than I expected I'll make one of very few exceptions and pick one up at the pre-order price.