Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (JB Hi-Fi Exclusive) [Australia]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: May 6, 2020
Purchase link: JB Hi-Fi
Price: AUS $39.98

1588772462276.png

I heard this was released in Australia 8 days early.

@willbar84 Are you getting this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: willbar84
Let me assure you this is not true for most releases. This one is a very rare occurance.

It's sounds as though you're implying that usually titles are very slow to hit the Australian market, if so, that's certainly not true.

I don't think that we should get the majority of titles before the U.S., considering much of what we buy are U.S. movies.

Seeing as though we are in a 4K thread, I'll stick to 4K titles as examples if you require them... There are a lot of 4K titles that get released in Australia the same week as they are released in the U.S., or the week after (sometimes two weeks after... By time you receive a title from the U.S., it's close to 2 weeks after it's released there anyway), that we also get before the UK, Europe, and some other countries. I see a lot of Australians try to put our market down about this, when for the most part, we do get most titles pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Let me assure you this is not true for most releases. This one is a very rare occurance.

It's sounds as though you're implying that usually titles are very slow to hit the Australian market, if so, that's certainly not true.

I don't think that we should get the majority of titles before the U.S., considering much of what we buy are U.S. movies.

Seeing as though we are in a 4K thread, I'll stick to 4K titles as examples if you require them... There are a lot of 4K titles that get released in Australia the same week as they are released in the U.S., or the week after (sometimes two weeks after... By time you receive a title from the U.S., it's close to 2 weeks after it's released there anyway), that we also get before the UK, Europe, and some other countries. I see a lot of Australians try to put our market down about this, when for the most part, we do get most titles pretty quickly.

Even though I haven’t bothered about Day 1 4K releases since I started collecting steelbooks your both right. BoP IS a special rare circumstance as IIRC I can’t think of any other release that has been available for sale 1 week before AU release date or any other country. The way it used to work and I’m sure it still does now is US and Aus generally share 4K release dates of the same week but Australia does gain early access if your in the the know as Monday before release date is when the embargo lifts and you can buy In-store at JB a few days earlier then the “official” release date that falls on a Wednesday.

Paying day one prices for Amaray is just something I don’t like to make habit of now as steelbooks especially premiums are expensive as they are without adding extra costs to acquire disks if you eventually end up with them anyways in a future steelbook purchase. If I do buy amaray’s I just wait for a regular JB HiFi sale which run like clockwork each and every year and have no doubt in my mind they will have there famous Yearly event of Buy 1 Get 1 free this upcoming week.

No, what I meant is that we (Aussies) rarely get major releases before the main markets thoughout the world. As you mentioned, we do usually get new release movies the same week as the USA, but for some reason, the European markets are behind us.

BOP is one of those rare times that we physically have it in our hands before anybody else, including the USA.

Audio tracks on the 4k disc?

English Dolby Atmos/TrueHD 7.1
English Dolby Digital 5.1
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Descriptive audio
German Dolby Atmos/TrueHD 7.1
German Dolby Digital 5.1
German Dolby Digital 2.0 Descriptive audio

Subtitles
English
German
Danish
Finnish