Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 30) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: Box Set - Single Lenti - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order July 24 at 8 PM, Hong Kong time - UTC +8)
Price: $165.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Single Lenti - Full Slip) - $47.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Single Lenti - Full Slip - Double Lenti
Notes: Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker
Chinese O-Ring Cover with DL only

Box Set: 500 Units, all editions. (Limited to 1 copy per order). WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title". Box: Hologram coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. Includes all editions (Full Slip, Lenticular Full Slip, Double Lenticular Full Slip)
Double Lenti: 900 Units, Numbered 1-900. (Limited to 2 copies per order). 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Single Lenti: 800 Units, Numbered 1-800. (Limited to 2 copies per order). 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Full Slip: 800 Units, Numbered 1-800. (Limited to 2 copies per order). Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing

BOP_overall_box_2000x.jpgBOP_overall_DLFS_2000x.jpgBOP_overall_LFS_2000x.jpgBOP_overall_FS_2000x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On that page it's got:

The Brexit transition period has ended and new rules on tax and duty now apply. This page is currently out of date. Check the rules for VAT and overseas goods sold directly to customers in Great Britain from 1 January 2021.

At the top which links to:

Low value consignment relief (LVCR), which is an import VAT exemption for goods valued at £15 or less, has been removed in:

• Great Britain for goods imported from outside the UK
  • Northern Ireland for goods ordered remotely that are imported from outside the UK and EU
So the £15 limit has definitely gone! :(
Sorry

You're right

Didn't notice the disclaimer on the top

I had no idea that the full slip has such exquisite detail. I was so excited to see that it's still available on the Collectong site.
I impulsively bought it. The purchase gave me quite a high from which I am now rapidly descending. I know I'm a sick, pitiable man. May God have mercy on my soul.

Last edited:
That's it in a nutshell lol the RM handling charge sucks and it always has done unfortunately. I'll just add a note to the order saying "please mark as $10 documents for UK customs clearance" and follow up with an email. I fully expect to get a £10odd customs charge, so it'll just be a bonus if I don't.
Collectong have dispatched my order and emailed me saying "We will mark them per your request. With Postal shipments, we didn't have trouble at the customs so far" - since I mentioned the gift and documents options I've not actually got any idea what they'll have put on the customs declaration. I suspect I'll be getting customs charges when it arrives!

Collectong have dispatched my order and emailed me saying "We will mark them per your request. With Postal shipments, we didn't have trouble at the customs so far" - since I mentioned the gift and documents options I've not actually got any idea what they'll have put on the customs declaration. I suspect I'll be getting customs charges when it arrives!
Quite likely mate I'm sorry to say, let me know how you get on please as it'll be a good baseline for any direct shipping orders for Asian premiums to the UK.

I've opted to have my copy included in another GB order, as I was unsure about how customs would turn out. So I've avoided fees this time around, but that won't always be possible with retailers who only do direct shipping orders (Novamedia or Blufans for example).

Quite likely mate I'm sorry to say, let me know how you get on please as it'll be a good baseline for any direct shipping orders for Asian premiums to the UK.

I've opted to have my copy included in another GB order, as I was unsure about how customs would turn out. So I've avoided fees this time around, but that won't always be possible with retailers who only do direct shipping orders (Novamedia or Blufans for example).
I don't think you've avoided customs because you bought it in a GB.

It will ship directly to you the same as if you've ordered them from the site no....?

Will do mate.

I don't think you've avoided customs because you bought it in a GB.

It will ship directly to you the same as if you've ordered them from the site no....?
No it won't, it's going directly to the host. I was using the term "GB" very loosely there, more of a bulk order than an actual GB.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
But any customs fees incurred by your package when received by him, he'll pass on to you, no?
Not really, no. As it's not just my order in the package. There may be a small balance, but it won't be of any material value.

One £20ish charge for numerous slips shipped together is divisible isn't it. Fees are applied on a per package value basis, not per number of items in the package. Assuming the declared value is believed and isn't opened by customs, but that's always been an import risk..

1 shipment of 10 slips marked at $15 = £20 / 10
10 shipments of 1 slip marked at $15 = £20 * 10

This is all a bit redundant me explaining what I've done. I only mentioned so @Loony_Tic wasn't waiting on an update from me as he was kind enough to update on his progress :rofl:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and Loony_Tic
Not really, no. As it's not just my order in the package. There may be a small balance, but it won't be of any material value.

One £20ish charge for numerous slips shipped together is divisible isn't it. Fees are applied on a per package value basis, not per number of items in the package. Assuming the declared value is believed and isn't opened by customs, but that's always been an import risk..

1 shipment of 10 slips marked at $15 = £20 / 10
10 shipments of 1 slip marked at $15 = £20 * 10

This is all a bit redundant me explaining what I've done. I only mentioned so @Loony_Tic wasn't waiting on an update from me as he was kind enough to update on his progress :rofl:
I don't know how GB hub shipments work, but when customs pull my items they usually want to see a receipt or PayPal invoice of what the actual value of the item is for proof. They don't go by what value is on the box....!

And I imagine a hub shipment would have a lot of boxes. They're not going to go by the value of one box in a huge shipment!

Reactions: DMD4k
I don't know how GB hub shipments work, but when customs pull my items they usually want to see a receipt or PayPal invoice of what the actual value of the item is for proof. They don't go by what value is on the box....!

And I imagine a hub shipment would have a lot of boxes. They're not going to go by the value of one box in a huge shipment!
I'm not sure about ALL hub shipments, but on a small scale, you can most certainly fit quite a few slips within the same shipment box to share any shipping and customs charges.

Just by means of an example, Manta will let you order x10 slips in one shipment to the UK. This A reduces shipping to $9.50 per slip ($95 total) as opposed to $12 individually and B should only occur a single £10ish customs charge, which is divisible amongst the content.

This is based upon the assumption the package is marked by manta and charged by customs at $15 value of course ($15*20% + Handing). If it's opened and inspected then yes they'll see the content and likely realise the actual value and charge accordingly.

So many packages get processed at declared values though, that's kind of the point of the whole system. Spot checks are just that, exceptions rather than rules. This has always been the case with UK imports mind you, so that risk is nothing new.

Last edited:

The Dunkirk DL I ordered from Collectong arrived today...without any additional customs charges! :) They ended up declaring it as a $20 gift on the customs forms and sender was just an individual (one of their staff I guess) rather than from the company/business. Pretty chuffed to be honest as I was sure I'd end up having to pay something extra!

Reactions: Billy Talent
The Dunkirk DL I ordered from Collectong arrived today...without any additional customs charges! :) They ended up declaring it as a $20 gift on the customs forms and sender was just an individual (one of their staff I guess) rather than from the company/business. Pretty chuffed to be honest as I was sure I'd end up having to pay something extra!
Ah that's fantastic! Nice one buddy! Good to know for future that gift did actually work. I've played a similar tactic with novamedia for the 1917 preorder, they said they'd mark it as $10 'documents' for me. See if that works, fingers crossed.