Mondo Black Swan by Matt Ryan Tobin

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
We’ll also have new posters for Black Swan by Matt Ryan Tobin. We’ve been impressed with Matt’s work for a while now and it was great to finally be able to work together. Matt created an elegant image that singularly captures Nina’s strive for eminence and the horrors that come with it.

"BLACK SWAN really encompasses the true feeling of someone endlessly trying to achieve perfection and the negative consequences it can result in. It's such a great example of that. The film does an amazing job at capturing beauty and darkness and it was my goal to show that in this poster. I wanted to make something that looked elegant on the surface but upon looking deeper there lied something crooked and dark and disjointed, literally." - Matt Ryan Tobin

Black Swan by Matt Ryan Tobin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

bs1.jpg

Black Swan (Variant) by Matt Ryan Tobin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

bs2.jpg

Available tomorrow 2/18 at Mondo

I love everything whats related to Black Swan. But I'll pass here. Need to frame stuff to see how much wall space I got free.
I'm still at the period where I only cop to hang. It will change with forthcoming releases but for now I try to limit myself :D

By the way, I freaking adore the art of the vinyl OST from Mondo. Got the vinyl in my living room on my wall shelf above my turntable

black-swan_front_1024x1024.jpg

Thanks for the tag @mllNY!
Inverted joints on humans creep me out...EEK! It comes down to a sort of art collector philosophical crossroads we all come to- Sure, it is beautiful. But do I wanna see that everyday staring back at me from my wall?
deep-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

yeah thats why i couldn't pull the trigger, i love the movie and i like the idea of the design but not a fan of the image

Reactions: C.C. 95
i would have preffered something like when she was 'transforming' into the swan in the performance, when she was twirling and she started to grow feathers and her arms became wings. that would be something to get

The poster is simply ok IMO.
There seems to a multitude of Black Swan posters that focus more on the transformation sequence rather than the psychological aspects of the film.

Reactions: oceanicon