Black Widow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (SM Life Exclusive) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 22, 2021
Purchase links: Kimchi - Nova - WeET (Pre-order on October 8, at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $38.99

1633574908536975.jpg

Last edited:
i'd keep the japanese edition in this slip until a premium arrives. a bummer it's not 4k. it wont match well with the other MCU movies i have korean WWA editions w/ slips for.

Anyone from Europe here who ordered from yesasia recently? It seems like they charge VAT already at the time of the purchase. So does that mean these will arrive at our doorsteps without having to pay for customs again?

on nova it says sale in october 8th.
is it in korea time? like 00:01 in less then an hour?

DVD cover looks best, figures.
I didn't like this movie much, but if this set had a UHD disc, might have bought.

Copy secured.
This will go nicely alongside the Japanese edition.
So how was the copy secured?
Or is it more like a walkie-talkie, Copy, Secured, Sir-Yes-Sir type of situation under the blanket there...

I didn't like this movie much, but if this set had a UHD disc, might have bought.

Or is it more like a walkie-talkie, Copy, Secured, Sir-Yes-Sir type of situation under the blanket there...
Copy secured from a group buy outside of HDN. :)

GBs elsewhere lol

I already have the standalone steel and will be waiting for the other premiums, but I gotta say I like the regular BD version. Might pick that up later depending on what comes out with the premiums. I know it's the same slip as the regular version elsewhere but I love the cover on the case.

I already have the standalone steel and will be waiting for the other premiums, but I gotta say I like the regular BD version. Might pick that up later depending on what comes out with the premiums. I know it's the same slip as the regular version elsewhere but I love the cover on the case.
I agree with every word you wrote. I will do the same, also because I'm trying to get marvel premiums with WEA steelbooks when possible...
I just have one doubt: will we get a premium (a WEET maybe) for this? I'm just afraid this will be the same case as ant-man and the wasp

I agree with every word you wrote. I will do the same, also because I'm trying to get marvel premiums with WEA steelbooks when possible...
I just have one doubt: will we get a premium (a WEET maybe) for this? I'm just afraid this will be the same case as ant-man and the wasp
Weet SHOULD do it, but there are no guarantees. It may also materialise from another retailer without discs if certain plans go ahead. You can't bank on anything with disney in asia now though, so I'm buying this just encase and will move on if/when a wea premium materialises. I do not want a repeat of Antman and the Wasp and potentially having a hole in my collection.

Reactions: a_o
Weet SHOULD do it, but there are no guarantees. It may also materialise from another retailer without discs if certain plans go ahead. You can't bank on anything with disney in asia now though, so I'm buying this just encase and will move on if/when a wea premium materialises. I do not want a repeat of Antman and the Wasp and potentially having a hole in my collection.
I heard about WEET as well, I hope they will make it happen, they're doing a great job with marvel movies. I feel you about Ant man, that's my biggest fear right now :dizzy:

I heard about WEET as well, I hope they will make it happen, they're doing a great job with marvel movies. I feel you about Ant man, that's my biggest fear right now :dizzy:
I did luckily pick the AMATW smlife up on ebay for £50 a few months back, but that was a rare find. I don't like the banner on the slip, but there isn't another option. It sucks this is bluray only, but if that keeps the price down and voids the massive 4K slip banner, it's the best case scenario really.

Fingers crossed BW does get a premium release, it's been a long ass time since I bought one so I wasn't aware of the issues that have cropped up, so I'll keep that in mind. Really want a WEA steelbook and a nice shiny slip from whoever does it. Luckily I only buy ones I like so there won't be any holes in my collection, if something looks good I buy it so my collection is a big mishmash.

Could someone give me a brief summation of why one may not materialise? I'm not sure exactly what's been going on just that there's been issues.

Could someone give me a brief summation of why one may not materialise? I'm not sure exactly what's been going on just that there's been issues.
This is a premium btw. SMLife make excellent slips, it's just a cheaper wwa premium. For $40, its totally worth the money, particularly if the wwa steel is nice.

Essentially it's all down to disney allowing the releases. Which used to just be mainly down licencing and approval on artwork etc.. as far as I'm aware. Now it's also dependent on whether they're actually distributing the films physically in the retailers region. Disney pulled out of china and hong kong a while back, hence no more Disney blufans releases.

Reactions: winter_soldier
This is a premium btw. SMLife make excellent slips, it's just a cheaper wwa premium. For $40, its totally worth the money, particularly if the wwa steel is nice.

Essentially it's all down to disney allowing the releases. Which used to just be mainly down licencing and approval on artwork etc.. as far as I'm aware. Now it's also dependent on whether they're actually distributing the films physically in the retailers region. Disney pulled out of china and hong kong a while back, hence no more Disney blufans releases.
Oh yeah, I should've been more specific, I want a WEA steelbook premium. It's a ton cheaper for me to pick up the local steelbook and just wait for the WEA premium than the mad dash to snap this up.

I do remember hearing about blufans not doing Disney releases but didn't see why, so that makes sense. Guess we'll see how it goes, and I'm happy with the standard BD release of this for the aforementioned reasons. Those don't seem to have sold out with other releases, so I'm assuming it'll stick around for a bit while waiting for other premiums? Or could this sell out because it's Marvel?