Price: £29.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE
Notes:
Limited Edition Mondo Steelbook 4K UHD + 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray

01-484056.jpg

02-484056.jpg 03-484056.jpg

01-484056 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
3D is dead already in terms of consumer market.
This year at CES there was very few 3D items.
Sony, Panasonic and LG and Samsung have no 3D on latest 2017 high end models.

My 2016 OLED has 3D thankfully and it looks stunning on the OLED so no I dont hate it but that guy is talking nonsense.
3D has died as has curved screens.
If UHD sticks around or not is anyones guess but there are a lot of studios supporting it and when done well from a good non upscale source it can look amazing.
It's all TV's low end and high end models in 2017
There is no 3D TV panels been manufactured by anyone in 2017
Anyone who wants to purchase a 3D TV needs to get a model from 2016 or earlier

It's not known yet if 3D panels will be back in 2018 or 2019

They are though testing prototypes glass free 3D TV's as to when these will be available in consumer market to purchase it's not known

Last edited:
Such a shame the posts were deleted as it was an interesting discussion and I don't think this thread is going to be super active anyways as we still have ample time left for the release. If mods delete these type of posts, they must delete posts showing animated GIFs, boobies etc. as they are irrelevant as well.
Going slightly off topic is fine, but when it's ongoing and members have been given multiple warnings yet continue to ignore them, then we have to take further action (removing posts being a last resort)... especially when we receive complaints from other members -- you have to remember some people subscribe to these threads to receive updates on the actual release, so being bombarded with off-topic emails can be pretty annoying. Obviously you're free to take off-topic discussions to PM or the relevant threads though. :)

It's exclusive to HMV UK, and so can be used anywhere else.

On the subject of this new Mondo artwork, I'm bitterly disappointed, the art is a washed out, pastel faded mess and is poor IMO. I'll probably cancel my order and stick with the standard steelbook 3D release (if that is any better that is) if this is confirmed for the UK HMV version.

If the brightness was lowered, the contrast was raised and colours were highlighted and increased on the neon and hologram images, I'd have liked this a bit more, but at the moment it's a no from me.

The resolution bump is no reason to write home....
However, HDR is. The wide color gamut is a huge improvement.
And, for the love of all that is holy- STOP with these drawings for steelbook covers!
They suck. (And I mean, realllllly suck).
The only time they don't suck is when it is a master like Drew Struzan, Bob Peak, or John Alvin.
Stop letting the copy boy from the office who "likes to draw" do your art.
We are now reliving the crap that Universal did with "Reel Heroes" art.
Ug.

This ^^^ 1000x THIS. If I wanted to own illustrations by local artists I'd go buy them. As you say, the only time illustration is great on a steel is when it's from a classic movie one sheet master like Drew Struzan or Bob Peak. The currently 'Blunami' of 'drawn' steelbooks has virtually killed off the hobby for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
This ^^^ 1000x THIS. If I wanted to own illustrations by local artists I'd go buy them. As you say, the only time illustration is great on a steel is when it's from a classic movie one sheet master like Drew Struzan or Bob Peak. The currently 'Blunami' of 'drawn' steelbooks has virtually killed off the hobby for me.

Mondo killed it for me, bar a few good examples the majority are 6th form level rubbish not even worth money as a print

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and Stuc
Mondo killed it for me, bar a few good examples the majority are 6th form level rubbish not even worth money as a print
Exactly, mondo totally slaughtered it for me. The second that kind of artwork is revealed I cancel now, or I barely preorder any more in case. It's killing the hobby of a lot of folks.

The only time I can handle illustration as artwork for new films is if it's inspired by the old masters as a homage, the Stranger Things 'faux movie one sheet' posters for example. Now THOSE are awesome, they capture a cinematic experience a lot of us remember and enjoy.

The slew of illustrations for art we've seen the past two years is terrible, seriously did you see the amaray sleeve artwork for the hellraisers...appalling).

• Thanks
Reactions: neo and C.C. 95
Exactly, mondo totally slaughtered it for me. The second that kind of artwork is revealed I cancel now, or I barely preorder any more in case. It's killing the hobby of a lot of folks.

The only time I can handle illustration as artwork for new films is if it's inspired by the old masters as a homage, the Stranger Things 'faux movie one sheet' posters for example. Now THOSE are awesome, they capture a cinematic experience a lot of us remember and enjoy.

The slew of illustrations for art we've seen the past two years is terrible, seriously did you see the amaray sleeve artwork for the hellraisers...appalling).

Nail and head, for me Mondo fanboys are obviously blind, into bad art mostly. There's a few good ones but mostly just rubbish. There's so many better art companies out there

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: neo and C.C. 95