Blade Runner - The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Sci-fi Destination Series #6) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: May 3, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on March 20 at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes A3 Poster - 3 Discs includes Bonus Disc Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner

12936666-2004847908185288.jpg

12936666-2434847908216704.jpg 12936666-6764847908382343.jpg 12936666-1084847908351293.jpg 12936666-1684847908313862.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Masterwu
Just received this, and the 'blu-ray' bonus disc is actually on DVD, NOT blu-ray, even though the j-card does state that it comes with a BLU-RAY bonus disc...

Just received this, and the 'blu-ray' bonus disc is actually on DVD, NOT blu-ray, even though the j-card does state that it comes with a BLU-RAY bonus disc...
Ouch. That sucks. Glad I didn't need this. Shame for anyone who did though, because the blu-ray version of that bonus disc is a real quality disc.

My copy is still on the way but this looks bland as hell. I thought the colors would be more saturated.

Just out of interest, I thought I would raise this matter with the Advertising Standards Authority given that the listing on the Zavvi website states that the bonus disc is a blu-ray whereas the actual product suppled is a DVD.

I wasn't expecting much of a response, to be honest (perhaps, "not within our remit" or "you need to refer to Trading Standards" etc.), and I was just going to leave it at that (as it's not really a big deal, just a bit annoying), but their response was somewhat surprising and interesting:

Thank you for contacting the Advertising Standards Authority. I am sorry to hear that this matter has caused you concern.

We have recently received a number of other complaints about advertising from The Hut.com (who own Zavvi). In light of this, we are planning a wider piece of work which will better address any problematic advertising as a whole, rather than considering cases on an individual basis. As such, we shall not be taking any further specific action regarding your complaint.

Please be assured, however, that the issues you have raised will inform this work and will contribute to any action we take, where an ad is found to be in breach of the Advertising Code.

Thank you again for taking the time to highlight this matter to us.

Now can we do the same to steelbook.com
For lying about certain finishes :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian