Blazing Saddles - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £44.99

SteelBook/Rigid Slipcase/Tip-On Artwork TBC
1716620441524.png

Last edited:
It's still to be confirmed if this will be a UK or USA release

I expect will be UK but that's not 100% at the moment

This will be mine. Now all we need is one for Young Frankenstein, a film that so clearly deserves the ultimate treatment.
Young Frankenstein is Fox as in Disney so it will be very unlikely will get a 4K Ultimate Collector's Edition release or even get a standard 4K UHD release
At best you might at some stage see 4K Digital release if that is going to happen.
Fox films majority of their back catalouge Disney have not done a 4K UHD releases but some select films just got Digital 4K releases instead.
Exceptions most but not all 20th Century Studios new films these get 4K UHD physical media releases.

Blazing Saddles is from Warner
It's Warner and Universal films that have released 4K UHD Rigid Slipcase SteelBook Ultimate Collector's Editions.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Mel Brooks finest imo. Will need to get this before the cancel culture mob (completely missing the obvious anti-racist message that's plastered all over the movie) get their way
..and will Probably have one of those obnoxious disclaimers at the beginning- a Condescending screed explaining the history we all know.
IMG_5979.gif

Those releases was not known as collector’s editions and was not 4K
They was just standard Blu-ray SteelBook releases in UK and USA that was retailer exclusives and Italy release was a stickerbook

SteelBook Collector’s Editions is a release that includes a Slipcase or Slipbox and Ultimate is when a release also includes Poster/Artcards and other items.

What's a "tip-on"? Never heard of that before.
It’s just a J card.

Did make me laugh they mentioned it. Just trying to list random things to make the contents seem bigger :rofl:

Tip-on is usually used in the Vinyl world. Manta might’ve used the wording a few times too

Reactions: Zagreus
It’s just a J card.

Did make me laugh they mentioned it. Just trying to list random things to make the contents seem bigger :rofl:

Tip-on is usually used in the Vinyl world. Manta might’ve used a few times too
Well that's me sold then!

I hope they use the original poster art with Cleavon riding the horse on one of the two covers. Maybe on the steelbook if they want to show off Gene Wilder and the other stars on the cover of the hardbox.

Reactions: Flloydo
Young Frankenstein is Fox as in Disney so it will be very unlikely will get a 4K Ultimate Collector's Edition release or even get a standard 4K UHD release
At best you might at some stage see 4K Digital release if that is going to happen.
Fox films majority of their back catalouge Disney have not done a 4K UHD releases but some select films just got Digital 4K releases instead.
Exceptions most but not all 20th Century Studios new films these get 4K UHD physical media releases.

Blazing Saddles is from Warner
It's Warner and Universal films that have released 4K UHD Rigid Slipcase SteelBook Ultimate Collector's Editions.
Wouldn't bet on it. Disney has serious financial troubles now so you may see a return to classics on 4k or even Disney being broken up to survive.