Bram Stoker's Dracula (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

Release date: November 27th, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: EUR 9.63

91mQcczNulL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Genocide and tono06
What's the chances of this having the new 4K transfer disc?
Hard to tell yet
If we could see the back of the Jcard be easy to tell as the new 4k has new extras

Its possible as far as I know the 4K release of Dracula is getting a release in lot countries and the release date is around the same time as USA/Canada 4K release
Germany have this Steelbook and the release date is Oct 8th
USA/Canada 4K release date is Oct 6th

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Sold Out
All of these pop art work steelbooks released in November have sold out already on Amazon Italy
I'm not surprised considering the price
The following are sold out for now
Hook
Dracula
Angles and Demons
Da Vinci Code
Bridge on the River Kwai
Lawrence of Arabia

Sold Out
All of these pop art work steelbooks released in November have sold out already on Amazon Italy
I'm not surprised considering the price
The following are sold out for now
Hook
Dracula
Angles and Demons
Da Vinci Code
Bridge on the River Kwai
Lawrence of Arabia

Back available to pre order all of the pop art range

I heard somewhere that this is now to include the new 4K transfer disk. But I messaged Amazon Italy to confirm. They are checking and will update the disc info accordingly if that is the case

The confusion has arisen due to the J-card of the German edition listing the language and subtitle specifications of the new 4k remastered disc, leading people to assume that it's the new disc that's been included, since the previous disc had completely different language and subtitle options.

The same problem looks likely to beset the UK release since the J-card for that edition also details the languages and subtitles of the new disc, as opposed to the previous one. As you've probably already seen from the discussion in the UK thread.

Yeah, Where does that leave the Italian one then?

That's the one I went with. For €9 I doubt I'll be getting a new 4K remastered disc :(

Although apparently someone on here did contact Amazon.it and asked, and they were told it would include the new disc. How reliable that Customer Rep was, I don't know?

Yeah, Where does that leave the Italian one then?

That's the one I went with. For €9 I doubt I'll be getting a new 4K remastered disc :(

Although apparently someone on here did contact Amazon.it and asked, and they were told it would include the new disc. How reliable that Customer Rep was, I don't know?

@BluSteel2012

That information had been posted by one of the Italian members, 'tAldo', on BD Forum, emanating originally from one of the Italian forums. Since it related primarily to the Italian Steelbook release of "Spartacus", I repeated the information in the UK thread for that title, in response to a post there from another member about the Italian edition.

Apparently, Universal Italy had been contacted on their Facebook page, and asked whether the forthcoming Italian Steelbook of "Spartacus" would include the new 4k remastered disc. Universal's response was along the lines that they didn't have autonomy in their own territory and that the new disc of that title would not be released in Italy but also stated, as an aside, that the new disc of "Bram Stoker's Dracula" would. Here's a screen grab of Universal's reply to one 'luctul', which has been posted on amazon.it.

51PxKZw3yTL._SL1600_.jpg

Since my knowledge of Italian derives primarily from listening to Verdi and Puccini, I have used Google Translate. This is what Universal's reply is in English.

"Hello Lucio. We're sorry you're disappointed. Unfortunately, often in these technical choices, we don't have a large degree of autonomy and the remastered edition is not available in Italy for Spartacus, unlike other Steelbook output (such as Dracula), containing the remastered edition in 4k. We wish you a good day."

How reliable an exchange on a social media site is, I don't know, even if one of the participants is Universal Italy. Maybe the fact that this title is being distributed in Italy by Universal, as opposed to Sony, may make a difference. I'm not optimistic but for now I remain hopeful.

Last edited: