Braveheart (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #19) [Czech Republic]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 1, 2019
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1399 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

IMG_20181109_135420_501.jpg

received_117603805803117.jpeg
43691112_10156825243027630_6504978447989735424_n.jpg

44543200_2208289379407597_2017064556580306944_n.jpg

Last edited:
buckled :rolleyes:, ordered. still don't like the steel front and especially the back :censored: (inside is fine) - wished they'd used the collector's folder shot on the steel, it's a much better image. looking forward to this, nonetheless - but FAC are already well into the 'can i afford this?' doubtful territory for a single edition. :greedy:

buckled :rolleyes:, ordered. still don't like the steel front and especially the back :censored: (inside is fine) - wished they'd used the collector's folder shot on the steel, it's a much better image. looking forward to this, nonetheless - but FAC are already well into the 'can i afford this?' doubtful territory for a single edition. :greedy:
Its not even FAC! It's Black Barons!!! :p

I'm sure everyone is aware by now of the problems with the Fox 4K disc but if not ... could also conceivably be the reason for the delay till Jan 2019 ...
From Fox, Europe (mid November):-
"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused . We are aware that Braveheart 4K UHD has compatibility issues with some players, as such we would like to offer you a replacement disc that will be compatible on all players. We are expecting to have these discs ready to ship out within the next few weeks. Please email to us your full name, address and proof of purchase to Europe Customer Care [[email protected]] and we will organise for your replacement as soon as we have the discs available.
Once again I apologise and I hope you continue to enjoy 20th Century Fox products.
Kind Regards
FOX "

... and this from the Czech distributor (ditto):-
"Good afternoon, as some of you may know with UHD's title of Braveheart technical complications have occurred and UHD discs can not be played on specific brands of dedicated players.
After a few days we've managed to identify the issue and it's about authoring a disc that originated in the United States.
Current discs contain a bug that prevents the movie from running on Sony, LG and OPPO brands. Conversely, Samsung, Panasonic, and Xbox do not report problems at the moment.
At present the 20th Century Fox studio with Technicolor is working to quickly repair and produce new and flawless UHDs.
We ask the merchants who got this title and sell it to inform their customers about this issue in advance. Currently the next expedition has been suspended until new drives are available.
New products should arrive at the beginning of December. We do our best to keep the title on the Christmas market.
Thank you for your understanding and your tolerance in solving this unquestionably very unpleasant issues.
Regards,
The BF team"

No need for replacement disc with Black Barons release
The steelbook will have the replacement disc and it's been tested already by Black Barons and FilmArena

Filmarena Facebook

Dear collectors,

we confirm that the new BRAVEHEART test disc can be played on LG and SONY players without any problems.

The original problem should be removed.

New discs are ordered, we're waiting for the delivery date.

BLACK BARONS Edition No. 19 has been moved to 2019.

Thank you for your support.
HC
FB_IMG_1544060890134.jpg

Since we havent seen any pics of the Skyscraper slip then I dont think it will release tomorrow. Just my asumption. We shall see soon enough.
Very true. Maybe they just forgot to update the data and we'll see it released at the end of the month with Braveheart?

Very true. Maybe they just forgot to update the data and we'll see it released at the end of the month with Braveheart?
Maybe, we need to wait for more updates I guess. But Im curious to see the lentis, they are supposed to be pretty good given the artwork they chose.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k