Brightburn (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Weetcollection Collection No.12) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: September 3 , 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - One Click (Pre-order on August 8 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip or Lenti) - $97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip
Notes: Total print run 800 copies. Full Slip 400 numbered copies + Lenticular, O-ring case, 400 numbered copies - One Click 100 pieces

67305781_2816328488402010_5537529939214991360_o.jpg67487220_2816328291735363_6857064160220413952_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to finish off a concept I started a little while back, but gave up on due to not being completely satisfied with it. Pretty similar to WeET's tbh, only I took inspiration from Doaly's art for the front...

Couldn't decide whether to emboss or deboss, so tried both...

[EMBOSSED]
View attachment 441152

[DEBOSSED]
View attachment 441153

Love it

Love that front

Reactions: Noodles
Why do you say it's better? For me I feel that they are equal, they both hold different art than the steelbook that they hold. The only real difference is one slides in from either the top or bottom and the other slides in from the side. I don't see how it's better?? :confused:
Slipcases much better idea for steelbooks than slipcovers/O-rings for a number of reasons:
- Traditionally used for limited edition books for an extra level of quality
- Better quality and more substantial with always thicker card stock enabling better levels of 'bossing . . . slipcovers feel cheap by comparison no matter the art
- Better all round protection - five out of the six sides instead of four - for the steelbook including the most important side than sits on the shelf (leaving aside steelbook protectors)
- More space for a booklet which doesn't have to be inside the steelbook
- Row of slipcases with matching logos etc. look better than a row of slipcovers is I think a fair comment
- Sliding out vertically = more chance of causing hairline scratches to the steelbook/Amaray case than with the more roomy slipcase due to the tighter fit of the slipcover
- Loose slipcover with heavy steelbook is asking for trouble - steelbook can slip out and hey presto potentially a dented steelbook

That said, big fan of slipcovers on Amarays and there was a time when I was buying a large amount of Blu-rays and I'd return cases if they came missing their original pressing slipcovers - something I'd previously checked on BD.COM and on eBay.

Slipcases much better idea for steelbooks than slipcovers/O-rings for a number of reasons:
- Better quality and more substantial with always thicker card stock enabling better levels of 'bossing . . . slipcovers feel cheap by comparison no matter the art
- Better all round protection - five out of the six sides instead of four - for the steelbook including the most important side than sits on the shelf (leaving aside steelbook protectors)
- Row of slipcases with matching logos etc. look better than a row of slipcovers is I think a fair comment
- Sliding out vertically = more chance of causing hairline scratches to the steelbook/Amaray case than with the more roomy slipcase due to the tighter fit of the slipcover
- Loose slipcover with heavy steelbook is asking for trouble - steelbook can slip out and hey presto potentially a dented steelbook

That said, big fan of slipcovers on Amarays and there was a time when I was buying a large amount of Blu-rays and I'd return cases if they came missing their original pressing slipcovers - something I'd previously checked on BD.COM and on eBay.
I see your point, thanks. :) I'm going to get the full slip then.

O-rings never really concerned me. Maybe it's because I don't open my copies so they always kind of protected. Anyway I always go for the artwork I love the most, regardless of the "packaging".

Reactions: tha_lunatic
I’ve got a few o-rings (Nightcrawler, The RAID 1&2, Avengers) and they’re some of my favourites in my collection.

The card used is not of a lesser quality (at least with Kimchi and Nova) and they’re proper sturdy. None of my steels have ever “fallen out” the bottom of my o-rings and regardless of whether a steel is coming out the bottom or the side of a slip, it’s not prone to any more or any less wear and tear.

Go for the art you like the most, WeET are knocking it out the park at the moment with the quality of their slips so you’ll be happy whichever one you go for.

I’ve got a few o-rings (Nightcrawler, The RAID 1&2, Avengers) and they’re some of my favourites in my collection.

The card used is not of a lesser quality (at least with Kimchi and Nova) and they’re proper sturdy. None of my steels have ever “fallen out” the bottom of my o-rings and regardless of whether a steel is coming out the bottom or the side of a slip, it’s not prone to any more or any less wear and tear.

Go for the art you like the most, WeET are knocking it out the park at the moment with the quality of their slips so you’ll be happy whichever one you go for.
That's what I was trying to get at, that it's doesn't matter whether it's an o-ring or full slip. What matters is the artwork. Just because the steelbook slides in from the top or bottom or even the side, it doesn't matter, it's all equal quality. Nothing is better than the other. I'm still going for the Lenti because imho it has the best artwork that I like.

I didn't watch it in theaters and the blu ray is due september 11th here in Italy so I cannot do as always: watch it to help me choose the best artwork.
This being said, how does the lenti artwork fit into the whole stuff? It's "cartoonish" while the movie is not...

None of my steels have ever “fallen out” the bottom of my o-rings and regardless of whether a steel is coming out the bottom or the side of a slip, it’s not prone to any more or any less wear and tear.
That's precisely why @virkia stated in his second to last bullet (which I agree with) that O-rings hold on for dear life. Such precision is unneeded with a fullslip, so IMO it is far easier for an O-ring to cause scratches than a FS.

Decided to finish off a concept I started a little while back, but gave up on due to not being completely satisfied with it. Pretty similar to WeET's tbh, only I took inspiration from Doaly's art for the front...

Couldn't decide whether to emboss or deboss, so tried both...

[EMBOSSED]
View attachment 441152

[DEBOSSED]
View attachment 441153

Embossed... when in doubt, embossed every time :p

Reactions: Noodles
Almost Zero interest in the 1click here, but when i'll try to order directly it will be gone in seconds for sure.

What nonsense.

Almost Zero interest in the 1click here, but when i'll try to order directly it will be gone in seconds for sure.
Well they only made 100 OC's so yeah id say those will be gone immediately. There are going to be people who will wish they bought this. I have a feeling the individual copies will be gone in not to long especially the lenti. They didn't print many copies and there is no other premium of this even announced, only alternative is the Zavvi copy.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
giphy (44).gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best size steelbook slipcase in the UK - and there's only one like it - is the size that all slipcases should aspire to and should not be exceeded in girth anywhere in the world to hold a single steelbook - that is the one for THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC - H: 175mm / W: 27mm / D: 137mm - with thick card stock throughout and up to 10mm to play with inside for a thick booklet (for example as here) to sit alongside the steelbook . . . unlike the bunch of lesser quality slipcovers from Zavvi - W: 17mm - with side walls about as thick as the HMV Premium Collection (although the top and bottom sides are slightly thicker than the HMV slips) - which given the choice I'd still prefer to a slipcover on a steelbook.

Last edited: