Captain Marvel (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 6 13, 2020
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Red carpet pre-order opens up on April 17 at 9 AM UK time, around 12 PM general sale)
Price: £31.99 (4K+2D) - £27.99 (3D+2D)

4555AE40-99B3-4773-92D9-58B763DEEF7E.jpeg

825AF30D-652F-465C-8FA6-4DA38939A7D8.jpeg
B80AA62A-FE8F-4B5E-9E9C-D5A6B26BF3A4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is OK, better than the one with the inside of the hanger edition. Only thing is the cat on this, they should have ditched the cat front and back and on the back brought the Capt. Marvel emblem up to the center and found something else for the inside art. All in all just a tad better than the hanger edition. Also I have nothing against cats as I have two of them myself.

So there was the WWA, now the Lenti art & presumably in 4 - 6 months, we'll have a version with the worn borders to match the rest of that line too?

Tad pointless. I get it, its a business decision & people will buy them, but still seems pointless.

full agree now. Plus the lentis are rubbish for what we pay. Improved slightly from the first 10 or so releases but still sh!t

I do however hope that infinity war and end game have matching releases to the avengers 1 and 2 4K steels they released not long ago. Glossy & embossed

Completely disagree. I collect both the lenticular editions and the new 4k wave and there's plenty of room on the market for both so why not produce both. I'll be first on my phone ordering this tomorrow to go along with the others in the range. Plus if they scrapped any range (lenticular, 4ks, blu fans, the collectable sleeve artwork ect) there would be alot of annoyed collectors out there who collect these that won't have a fully matching set. There's only this and endgame awaiting a lenticular edition to complete the infinity saga might aswell turn them out now while there's nothing majorly new to make. Only thing I'm not keen on with this steel is the spine which is exactly the same as the original one. I do agree with getting infinity war and endgame matching and I think we probably will get at least infinity war this year along with more matching 4ks. See everyone can be happy. That was my concept for this release.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1587046076847.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1587046076847.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:
Completely disagree. I collect both the lenticular editions and the new 4k wave and there's plenty of room on the market for both so why not produce both. I'll be first on my phone ordering this tomorrow to go along with the others in the range. Plus if they scrapped any range (lenticular, 4ks, blu fans, the collectable sleeve artwork ect) there would be alot of annoyed collectors out there who collect these that won't have a fully matching set. There's only this and endgame awaiting a lenticular edition to complete the infinity saga might aswell turn them out now while there's nothing majorly new to make. Only thing I'm not keen on with this steel is the spine which is exactly the same as the original one. I do agree with getting infinity war and endgame matching and I think we probably will get at least infinity war this year along with more matching 4ks. See everyone can be happy. That was my concept for this release.

I own them all and even I’m saying there’s zero point in them. Most cases terrible art, always a terrible finish and always a terrible lenti. Pointless releases when this matching 4K set comes a few months down the line

it’s more a money grab scheme than for the actual collectors other wise the art, finish and lentis would be top notch.

Where's the inside artwork from? Surely they could have made it actually look like the actress......

It’s concept art from the amazing art of the movie books they make for each film by some of the greatest artists going.

A lot of the MCU inside arts include this style art.
Infact the first captain America and winter soldier Zavvi lenti arts are both in this illustrated style by Meinerding. They should of just made this whole wave a illustrated wave like those 2. They are the best in the whole wave

Meinerding?

That's something I never like to see in my steelbooks!!!

(See what I did there?) :p

never noticed that before lol. His first name is Ryan FYI. he’s a god at the concept art (his work is also on the front and back of the spiderman homecoming WWA Steelbook). He’s head of the marvel dept for it for each film since roughly civil war. Maybe earlier.
But I don’t think the inside art is Ryan. There’s about 10 artists they use each time. The books are amazing

I own them all and even I’m saying there’s zero point in them. Most cases terrible art, always a terrible finish and always a terrible lenti. Pointless releases when this matching 4K set comes a few months down the line

it’s more a money grab scheme than for the actual collectors other wise the art, finish and lentis would be top notch.
Here's what you do then.... ready?... don't buy it. Simple hahahaha some of my favourite artwork has been used in this range and they look great under all my marvel poster. You do you buttercup

Here's what you do then.... ready?... don't buy it. Simple hahahaha some of my favourite artwork has been used in this range and they look great under all my marvel poster. You do you buttercup

Never said I was buying it. Well, then.... you...have....very.....bad.....taste......buttercup