Casper - 25th Anniversary (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 7, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order October 31 at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £15.99
Finish: Matte w/ no 'bossing

12720120-8324811644952757.jpg

12720120-8294811645447076.jpg 12720120-1704811645342700.jpg 12720120-8214811645279574.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Greyback
I wouldn’t go on what the US get as an guarantee, on numerous occasions it has been different rover here and Universal’s current track record here is crap.
It's not a guarantee, no. Universal seem to be inconsistent with front titles in the US vs the UK, but i can't remember the last time they stiffed us on a glossy finish vs the US. Disney are the major culprits on that one :rolleyes:

Saying that, this steel is different to the US, it's missing the "25th anniversary" from the front and spine. Which aslong as we don't don't suffer a poor finish for, is my preference.

In for this if the price is decent. Have fond memories of going to the cinema with a bunch of friends (and parents) to see it when I was a kid... I know I've rewatched it since, but probably not since my early teens, so I'm definitely in need of a revisit!

In for this if the price is decent. Have fond memories of going to the cinema with a bunch of friends (and parents) to see it when I was a kid... I know I've rewatched it since, but probably not since my early teens, so I'm definitely in need of a revisit!
Currently at £15.99 rrp, thats without any zavvi marketing markdown in cost or code discount. So £14 with code, possibly less if rrp isn't final. I'm in for that :D

Reactions: Noodles
Currently at £15.99 rrp, thats without any zavvi marketing markdown in cost or code discount. So £14 with code, possibly less if rrp isn't final. I'm in for that :D
Noticed that but not sure what to make of it... if that is the price then, great! Won't be shocked if they increase it once it goes live though.

Noticed that but not sure what to make of it... if that is the price then, great! Won't be shocked if they increase it once it goes live though.
I know it's a different studio, but the recent 1080p nightmare on elm street steel was the same rrp, so it seems to be the price point at the moment. It may drop off a quid with zavvi's usual "savings", can't see it being any more though.

The art is a bit weak but hopefully it will look better in person and hopefully in gloss.
£15.99 is a decent prime IMO. I don’t own Casper in any format at all and I haven’t seen it for about 15 years. I look forward to seeing it again!

Here's the unboxing video for the U.S. SteelBook for those of you who may have missed it or forgotten about it.

Also, the price at Best Buy in the U.S. was $14.99. Even cheaper in Canada at Sunrise Records. $11.97 Canadian.

They could've done more with the treatment of the front art such as embossing the ghosts to give them a 3D leaping out of the background look but I suppose at the price point it's OK as it is.

Reactions: Greyback