Thoth

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
castlevania-advance-collection-advance-edition-limited-run-games-ps4-1.png

Exclusive to Limited Run Games.
Prices vary depending on edition size.

I hope this gets the embossed treatment the previous steelbook got.

oh nice, its not exclusive to the 175$ edition anymore.. which edition will you get?

I haven't decided yet. I kinda want the Ultimate one to match with the previous one I got but at the same time I don't think I want to spend an extra $90 for a bit of extra paper and plastic. Glad the Advanced Edition comes with the extra covers and steelbook, and I think this will be enough for me. Plus, ordering to EU, Advanced Edition won't be hit with customs while the Ultimate one will involve extra fees.

I haven't decided yet. I kinda want the Ultimate one to match with the previous one I got but at the same time I don't think I want to spend an extra $90 for a bit of extra paper and plastic. Glad the Advanced Edition comes with the extra covers and steelbook, and I think this will be enough for me. Plus, ordering to EU, Advanced Edition won't be hit with customs while the Ultimate one will involve extra fees.
I'm only going with the Ultimate one to match the other editions

Limited Run are garbage BUT titles like these, I don't mind dipping my toe back into the pond again as I highly doubt we'll ever see a classic Castlevania collection again on this scale

Only thing I don't like about the steelbooks is if you want a full sized one you need to get the PS4 version but if you go with a Switch you'll get the thinner ones and sometimes this can mess with the artwork. For example here if you get the PS4 version it cuts off at his legs. Sometimes it benefits the PS4, sometimes it benefits the Switch. It all depends on the art.

Shame all 3 collections didn't have matching artwork and something better for the back art but I guess its the best we are going to have.

32423.png

Reactions: hatredhorror

Limited Run are garbage BUT titles like these, I don't mind dipping my toe back into the pond again as I highly doubt we'll ever see a classic Castlevania collection again on this scale

Only thing I don't like about the steelbooks is if you want a full sized one you need to get the PS4 version but if you go with a Switch you'll get the thinner ones and sometimes this can mess with the artwork. For example here if you get the PS4 version it cuts off at his legs. Sometimes it benefits the PS4, sometimes it benefits the Switch. It all depends on the art.

Shame all 3 collections didn't have matching artwork and something better for the back art but I guess its the best we are going to have.

View attachment 559677
only ps4/xbox get a real steelbook imo.. doesnt matter if they occasionally suit the switch measurements better, its just an inferior product to me

the first two steels look pretty good together, but this ones quite different unfortunately... no idea why they couldnt just use either the aria or harmony cover for the backside.. would have been so much better..

ill probably go for the 84,99$ with the steel...

1 day left and I can't make up my mind on which to get.
I kinda want the Light-up box and Classic Silver Box packaging instead of the GBA packaging but can't justify paying $90 extra just for that :pain:

Reactions: trinitycorps

View attachment 559677
Why garbage? honest question, I think they have been doing a great job bringing some old games to new consoles, beats being scalped for the old ones....

Why garbage? honest question, I think they have been doing a great job bringing some old games to new consoles, beats being scalped for the old ones....
i dont mind them for old games, but other than that its a lot of shovelware and cashgrabs.. but tbf no ones forcing you to buy them... one thing thats definitely garbage about them are the insanely long waiting times which often exceed a full year

i dont mind them for old games, but other than that its a lot of shovelware and cashgrabs.. but tbf no ones forcing you to buy them... one thing thats definitely garbage about them are the insanely long waiting times which often exceed a full year
I normally simply buy the standard editions for ps4, ps5 or switch and, of course they want to appeal to people that want the collectors editions, they are cool and people often pay for those, so nothing bad from it, let the company make more money too and bring more games, it is a win-win scenario, people are able to play older games in the new consoles and escape the scalpers.

More Shovelware over decent titles. We need more titles like Jak and Daxter, Psychonaughts, Castlevania, Gargoyles etc

Long production times

Shipping delays

Shipping costs- They said they were opening a EU store but we’ve heard nothing on it. Jedi Survivor and Dead Space were a **** ton of money on shipping alone and because there’s no EU store a lot of us missed out.

Making so many products at once rather than sticking to a few to get them out quicker.

It’s now “open order” for a month but at one time it felt more limited as they’d only do, for example, 2500 copies and that was it. Just felt more special and limited.

Steelbooks - Some are great but a lot, especially the Star Wars ones they did for example were pretty bad, they either just had a bland logo on the front or now it’s like 3 logos slapped on the back. Take some care you know. Like I don’t mind this games front art but the back. Come on. Even the first collection had great front and back art.

I could go on but they aren’t what they used to be, for example stop going after shovelware or super niche titles and do better quality titles. Like they’ve done Disneys Gargoyle’s recently, so get some more Disney stuff like Aladdin, the Lion King, Jungle Book, Castle of Illusion etc.

More Shovelware over decent titles. We need more titles like Jak and Daxter, Psychonaughts, Castlevania, Gargoyles etc

Long production times

Shipping delays

Shipping costs- They said they were opening a EU store but we’ve heard nothing on it. Jedi Survivor and Dead Space were a **** ton of money on shipping alone and because there’s no EU store a lot of us missed out.

Making so many products at once rather than sticking to a few to get them out quicker.

It’s now “open order” for a month but at one time it felt more limited as they’d only do, for example, 2500 copies and that was it. Just felt more special and limited.

Steelbooks - Some are great but a lot, especially the Star Wars ones they did for example were pretty bad, they either just had a bland logo on the front or now it’s like 3 logos slapped on the back. Take some care you know. Like I don’t mind this games front art but the back. Come on. Even the first collection had great front and back art.

I could go on but they aren’t what they used to be, for example stop going after shovelware or super niche titles and do better quality titles. Like they’ve done Disneys Gargoyle’s recently, so get some more Disney stuff like Aladdin, the Lion King, Jungle Book, Castle of Illusion etc.
we are talking about a business, I won't complain, I have no idea how much time and effort/money they have to go over to release the games they do, particularly speaking I really like a lot of the games they release specially the less know ones...

Disney games certainly demand they spend more money for the rights to do the release no?

About Europe not having a local store, it is a case of 1st world problems, I live in Brazil and I get the games I want just fine so I don't get why you guys and the ones in the US/Canada complain so much

we are talking about a business, I won't complain, I have no idea how much time and effort/money they have to go over to release the games they do, particularly speaking I really like a lot of the games they release specially the less know ones...

Disney games certainly demand they spend more money for the rights to do the release no?

About Europe not having a local store, it is a case of 1st world problems, I live in Brazil and I get the games I want just fine so I don't get why you guys and the ones in the US/Canada complain so much
Mate no offence you asked why I and others out there think they are garbage now (honest question, remember) and now that I’ve told you its

“You guys complain too much”

Can’t win…

If you want to go back pretending everything is fine and dandy, that they are actually a fantastic company then go ahead, I won’t stop you.

Mate no offence you asked why I and others out there think they are garbage now (honest question, remember) and now that I’ve told you its

“You guys complain too much”

Can’t win…

If you want to go back pretending everything is fine and dandy, that they are actually a fantastic company then go ahead, I won’t stop you.
asking honestly does not mean I can't give an opinion, I like the games, I like that they ship to Latin America, they are not perfect, they are not good, they are a company, they work to maximize profit, like everyone else, if you want something different, I don't think any company will reach your high standards

1 day left and I can't make up my mind on which to get.
I kinda want the Light-up box and Classic Silver Box packaging instead of the GBA packaging but can't justify paying $90 extra just for that :pain:
What did you decide on anyway?

What did you decide on anyway?

I took the bait and pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition. It's only because I have the previous 2 bundles as Ultimate as well. I'm really OCD about my stuff and would have driven me crazy, ending up to pay scalpers on eBay in the end. It's a shame that I don't plan on opening them so will not get to enjoy all the bits and steelbook that come with it. :dunno: But I guess I take some enjoyment from having them sealed lol

@trinitycorps @Robsonmonkey

As for this entire debate, it all has positives and negatives. It depends on each individual opinion. Just because some of us find it is garbage it does not mean that it is garbage for other people. This is very similar to the entire remastered/remake debate, the digital/no digital and so on. What feels garbage for one person might not be garbage for another. At the end of the day, as @hatredhorror puts it, we don't have to buy it if we don't like it. If a business doesn't get support for certain products then their business model would have to change. I doubt the investors and people sitting around the boardroom table care about what we fancy as gamers, and I would imagine during these meetings they sit and stare at some graphs and take decisions based on the profits the company makes.

Personally I'm neither here or there with them. Most of the time I don't care for the extras they offer unless it is a cherished game (Such as it was with Castlevania and BloodRayne). I'm not going to buy every edition they release because I don't care to grab all the cheap plastic and paperwork they usually throw together (Plus I don't think I could afford to be behind every release), but I certainly wouldn't want them to stop releasing old games either. I still have the option of buying the standard game and move on with my life. And the standard games are not that badly priced considering current market.

One thing I'm certain though, I'm not going to support the digital trend even if it means that I will lose out on big titles. I have only bought one digital game on release day and that was The Last of Us II which is a series I have found comfort in over the years. I don't mind supporting Naughty Dog as company because of what they offered so far. But just because I passionately hate the digital trend, does not mean my opinion is the right one. I do understand people find it easier to buy and access digital product.

I took the bait and pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition. It's only because I have the previous 2 bundles as Ultimate as well. I'm really OCD about my stuff and would have driven me crazy, ending up to pay scalpers on eBay in the end. It's a shame that I don't plan on opening them so will not get to enjoy all the bits and steelbook that come with it. :dunno: But I guess I take some enjoyment from having them sealed lol
Yeah I get you, I was like that but I really wanted to play the game so I opened the first one.

It’s not something I’d ever sell so I don’t mind it being open now, I’ll just stick it in a glass cabinet or something eventually.

Also I always get paranoid with items with batteries in already as they might corrode and ruin the item. It’s rare but it has happened before sadly.

Reactions: Thoth
Yeah I get you, I was like that but I really wanted to play the game so I opened the first one.

It’s not something I’d ever sell so I don’t mind it being open now, I’ll just stick it in a glass cabinet or something eventually.

Also I always get paranoid with items with batteries in already as they might corrode and ruin the item. It’s rare but it has happened before sadly.

Never thought about the batteries corroding. That would definitely be disappointing.