UK
Release date: November 4 November 18, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes exclusive booklet

81ZLBLWfy1L._SL1500_.jpg

71c142Q0pHL._SL1191_.jpg 710GIuPjzoL._SL1191_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
its great, but it is over rated. I mean, for starters, all the workers at the plant speak English. automatically I deduct 25 points. its hardly authentic.

there was also a Korean film called pandora (from 2016) and Chernobyl is very similar. of course they are both inspired by similar events, but it was all very familiar. to say something is the best tv production ever is a big statement. I'm not sure it lives up to it.
I did find it odd they used english speaking cast but to reach a wider audience its needed

Reactions: Space Cadet
its great, but it is over rated. I mean, for starters, all the workers at the plant speak English. automatically I deduct 25 points. its hardly authentic.

there was also a Korean film called pandora (from 2016) and Chernobyl is very similar. of course they are both inspired by similar events, but it was all very familiar. to say something is the best tv production ever is a big statement. I'm not sure it lives up to it.

If you´re into podcasts take a listen to The Chernobyl Podcast. A reporter interviews the shows creator and talks about decisions made for the show, what´s actually authentic and what was "made up" or changed a bit to fit the format(you´ll be amazed to know how much of it that were actually real!) They talk about why they decided to go with English for example. One part for every episode of the show. Great podcast! Really recommend it!

If the grass is indeed greener, then it was nowhere near Chernobyl.
Just an (ancient) expression as I'm sure you know although it's often misconstrued to mean "Things are always better on the other side of the fence" but in reality meaning "Things only appear to be better on the other side" - similar to another oldie about the light at the end of the tunnel meaning that difficult times are coming to an end when in reality the light is a friggin' train approaching.

I'm not saying it's the best tv production ever. But one of the best I've seen. And certain decision has to be made to reach wider audience, as it's made watch as many as possible, and why not ? If you dig deeper you find out that it's not 100 % accurate either. But the fact remains it's very powerful and gripping series. The fact that we are talking about is one example of it's power. :thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles
Looks pretty cool IMO.

The door is pretty much 'centered' as the locks on the left are bigger than the hinges on the right. Something would have to get cut off otherwise.....

I got the German mediabook and still to watch it. (bit busy at the minute). How does the picture quality of it rate?
I couldn't complain. Although I have to say I didn't pay too much attention to the PQ, because I was really drawn into the series.

Edit: Regarding the artwork: Hm, I'm not really convinced. Would have been cool if they mirrored the image on the front so that the hinges were at the left. So that when you opened the Steel, you'd "open" the door, too.

Looks pretty cool IMO.

The door is pretty much 'centered' as the locks on the left are bigger than the hinges on the right. Something would have to get cut off otherwise.....

Was hoping for something like the placeholder or

Chernobyl.jpg

But I suppose it is pretty cool :thumbs: definitely growing on me and not bad for a first effort from Acorn Media.

Looks like @paulboland and others were right about the UK discs being pants unfortunately , might wait for a price drop before picking this up.

i'm not so sure if i like it lol it screams for embossing and based on the comments on the quality of the discs i may just keep the digibook from Germany..........what to do?

I don't like this steelbook design. Nothing.

Chernobyl is a great show but... it's a serious history, not a comedy; a lot of people died, and all that happened is a dark and powerful lesson for us. A well done TV show, yes, it's entertainment, and it can be funny to be watched, but... for the steelbook I would prefer a design that don't seem the front of the next teenagers film edition.

Bot a sad front but... other kind of thing, not so conventional.

I expected something a little more "serious" too, but I still kinda dig it. I'm mostly just happy that we're actually getting a steelbook! :D

I agree it does need a more somber cover. It is after all an accident that has had and will have effects for centuries to come.... Comedy it is not.....

why does comedy keep popping up? It looks nothing like a comedy.
The art on the booklet and mock up would of been better imo but this don’t look too bad

And @Casiusco obviously this is a serious drama but comedy can still mix with history.
but if that bothers you then don’t watch the upcoming satire dark comedy JoJo rabbit which features a comical Hitler as an imaginary friend during world war 2