Child's Play (1988) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Scream Factory) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: August 16, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $32.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

66666510116_sd_copy_3391x1929 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
3 discs. 4K+2 blu-ray.

No I don't know if it's a new transfer. No I don't know if there are any new special features. No I don't know if the blu-ray is remastered.

Save all of the usual re-release questions.

Now let the usual suspects start complaining about how $32.99 is too much for a catalogue title. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: goufcustom
Shout Factory are releasing them (first 3) at exactly that time, saying extras are to be confirmed, and that it's a UHD debut for North America, so probably the same European transfer.

Steelbook design isn't bad. But why not make the images in original colour instead of a black & white hue on the outside and a red hue on the inside....? (n)

Just reeks of cost cutting IMO...

Reactions: PracticingPat
I wonder is this going to a regular thing now Scream Factory and Shout Select and Shout Factory give Best Buy the steelbooks editions of their releases as exclusive instead of been trade wide releases

Previously all Scream Factory and Shout Select/Shout Factory steelbooks was trade wide releases until the 2 titles listed below

Red Dawn Steelbook (Shout Select) Best Buy Exclusive
Child's Play Steelbook (Scream Factory) Best Buy Exclusive

Reactions: Lenny Nero
But why not make the images in original colour instead of a black & white hue on the outside and a red hue on the inside....?

My thoughts exactly. Cheapens the design.

Thankfully, original poster art on the front.

Can we expect 2 & 3 too, what do you think? Would like them all.