Child's Play (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (live 9 am Black Friday)
Price: £19.99 (TBC)
Notes: Embossed title

11524893-2074505040682866.jpg

11524893-1044505040721938.jpg
11524893-1674505040744156.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
That was No 3 due to a murder that happened here and the film was apparently linked to it. Terrible case. But that ban was lifted years ago I think.

Part 3 was never banned.

The rental VHS was freely available (except when stores removed it by personal choice). The retail (small box) release was ready to go and sat in warehouses (along with Child's Play 2) when the tragedy happened. CIC Video chose not to release it at the time due to the news reports linking Child's Play 3 (tenuously at best) to the killing, instead hoping to release it later. After a year or so, the VHS tapes were destroyed because CIC had lost the rights to distribute Universal Pictures movies (they still did Paramount and DreamWorks at the time - Universal then had their own distribution arm). A few years later, Universal finally released Child's Play 2 and 3 themselves.

I actually owned an original CIC small box VHS release of part 3 (the spine had the large Universal logo at the top, light blue main colour and film reel design at the bottom - same as the designs for Psycho III and IV, American Me, Sneakers, Cool As Ice and numerous other Universal titles of the era).

I thought this was banned in the UK?

That was No 3 due to a murder that happened here and the film was apparently linked to it. Terrible case. But that ban was lifted years ago I think.

None of them were ever officially banned but newspapers tried to link part 3 with the killing of James Bulger sparking a video nasties panic round 2. A lot of shops refused to sell any of the series making it to find them for most of the 90s, and TV stations refused to show them too. There's a good documentary that covers the whole mess - Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide Part 2

I own this classic horror as a FuturePak edition. If the finish and art/embossing is as nice as the FuturePak edition, then i highly recommend this steelbook. Especially if you don't own this movie yet.

• Thanks
Reactions: marcnotrust
Pass on this although the artwork is good on this one

I already have the future pak release with same artwork and that has some cool embossing

I also have the USA Blu-ray Scream Factory collectors edition and have on pre order the chucky blu-ray collection box set

If this has as good as embossing as the future pak has this will be a nice release

• Thanks
Reactions: marcnotrust

I already have the future pak release with same artwork and that has some cool embossing

I also have the USA Blu-ray Scream Factory collectors edition and have on pre order the chucky blu-ray collection box set

If this has as good as embossing as the future pak has this will be a nice release
Yep the Futurepak's great and it cost me £6 a while back, I'm guessing this will start at £15.99 making the £40, 7 film collection the winner for me..

I own this classic horror as a FuturePak edition. If the finish and art/embossing is as nice as the FuturePak edition, then i highly recommend this steelbook. Especially if you don't own this movie yet.

Yep the Futurepak's great and it cost me £6 a while back, I'm guessing this will start at £15.99 making the £40, 7 film collection the winner for me..

Just picked the Futurepak up for £10 thanks to all the praise from you guys. Cheers!

Decent looking steel and I had been tempted to pick up the metalpak a few times, but I've now pre-ordered the upcoming box set which includes all the Chucky films, so I've no need for this.

Yes, it's a lovely futurepak - released some three years ago - and still available at a reasonable price the last time I looked (along with all or most of the others released at or around the same time).

Steelbook artwork not the same as the futurepak . . . exactly . . . different back . . . although front and insides are the same.

Quick reminder of the futurepak:-
upload_2017-8-3_16-1-30.png
upload_2017-8-3_16-5-49.png
upload_2017-8-3_16-9-2.png
upload_2017-8-3_16-7-19.png
img_0235-jpg.103088
img_0241-jpg.103093
img_0243-jpg.103095
img_0238-jpg.103091

Last edited:
i will get this but not at 20 pounds! i have the futurepak, it will suffice til this gets to a cheaper price!
Price will be £14.99 or £15.99
£19.99 is rrp listing not the actual selling price

It's not officially listed yet on Zavvi website
Price will be changed when goes live to order

• Helpful Post
Reactions: tono06