Nov 29, 2012
Release date: August 26th, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €27,50
Notes: Includes a dvd copy.

cinderellait.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: oselallo
it seems only Taiwan was wise enough to do the slip at the top so not to block the shoe design... but they are the Kings of 1/4 slips... this appears like it's gonna be some time box slip box like zavvi, and this is not the only country to do this mistake...I assume zavvi will do same also

You've got to love Disney and their title-less designs.

They know no one likes them, but they still sell and they're cheaper to do so the Disney machine rolls on. Until we the consumer stop buying them, it'll be ongoing. I'm amazed Big Hero 6 had a title as all the European versions were identical but with different J-cards.

Reactions: charlie1533pr
You've got to love Disney and their title-less designs.

They know no one likes them, but they still sell and they're cheaper to do so the Disney machine rolls on. Until we the consumer stop buying them, it'll be ongoing. I'm amazed Big Hero 6 had a title as all the European versions were identical but with different J-cards.

No everyone, I don't mind if they are title less, as long as it's a nice steel and I do love it, I prefer a different version/country than this one but it's the same steel. Yes it seems Maleficent and Big Hero 6 were the exception to the rule... I know it's important for some, but for me as long as the steel and slip are excellent I am ok with it. And they do produce quality items even if they mass produce WWA without titles.

I think Disney titles are like any other steelbook, there's good and bad ones.

Personally I don't like this Cinderella design, but even so, the design has been handled poorly. The slipper is too small and there's just too much blank space. Most of the J-cards we've seen so far even obscure some of the slipper which seems pointless as the title would easily fit on a smaller one.

I was non-plussed with their Walkman design for GotG. Wrong design, no title, matte finish and frankly just dull. Of course, others may love it, why not? It's all personal opinion.

But yes, I agree, Maleficent and Big Hero 6 were great.

Indeed to each his own, for me I Adore the Walkman design of GOTG (Taiwan Version with their wickedly smart design for the slip) I just thought the design was a smart choice and very well executed the spot Gloss... but it all comes to personal taste like you said..

same with Cinderella, Taiwan has made the best of the situation, they have put the 1/4 slip at the top of the steel and as always a spine with title that comes with their well designed slip. The slip is very minimalistic but it give it a classy feel... it is what it is, so I have accepted to love it as it is a nice design, loved the poster when I saw it, but I Fully Agree that Cinderella coming down the stairs back of the steel artwork should be in front and shoe at the back... that I agree, but never the less, Taiwan's Version is very nice, they made the most of it...Disney could do a bit more, but it's all about making the most money for them...still in north america when a release comes with 3D they no longer include it, only included with Asian and other country releases....but this one only comes with regular blu-ray so it doesn't matter.

I wasn't against the Walkman idea, just that it wasn't the Walkman from the movie which kind of defeated the point.

I think at the design stage, when it became clear that Sony weren't going to licence the design for Disney to use, Disney should have come up with something else (which now they have). It would be like a Knight Rider steelbook with a Pontiac GTO on the front, the idea's there...

Anyway, like you say, it is what it is. I'm sure a great slip will save some of the editions, but as an opener that doesn't work for me.

I wasn't against the Walkman idea, just that it wasn't the Walkman from the movie which kind of defeated the point.

I think at the design stage, when it became clear that Sony weren't going to licence the design for Disney to use, Disney should have come up with something else (which now they have). It would be like a Knight Rider steelbook with a Pontiac GTO on the front, the idea's there...

Anyway, like you say, it is what it is. I'm sure a great slip will save some of the editions, but as an opener that doesn't work for me.

but that is the whole point of this collecting world, not every design will be liked by everybody, reason why there is a lot of choice and different releases, we pick what suits our needs, for me it's a stunner of a release loved the walkman even though different from the movie, it grew on me and ended up adoring the Taiwan version, same with Cinderella, the artwork feels like it needs to be flipped, it feels weird but in the end you either love it or hate it... I try to see if it is a nice version, it's WWA so same everywhere and Taiwan did a nice job again. I really think it is nice. It has a nice finish and nice embossed treatment.

taste is subjective and it's not because someone finds it ugly that someone else can't find it beautiful...there is plenty of choice for everyone...