4K-UK Citizen Kane: 80th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 13, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - WB Shop
Price: £34.99

Citzen Kane 4K Ultimate Edition.jpg

Last edited:
WB Shop live to pre order

4K Ultra HD Collector’s Edition Includes:

• Feature Film on 4k and Blu-ray
  • 48-Page Book
  • 20-Page Souvenir Programme
  • Reprint of Press Release Excerpts
  • Two-Sided Poster
  • 5 Collectable Art Cards
  • 3 Photo Stills
Special Features on Blu-ray:

•Separate Commentaries by Roger Ebert and Peter Bogdanovich

•Interviews with Ruth Warrick and Robert Wise

•Opening: World Premiere of Citizen Kane

•Still Photography with Commentary by Roger Ebert and More

WB_CitizenKane_80th-Anniversary_Beautyshot_16x9_V2_01.jpg

It's the quality of the pressing that interests me.... Never watch extras
You are missing out on some brilliant content if you never watch extras on any DVD or Blu-ray discs

Some DVD and Blu-ray releases extras especially documentaries can be even better than the main film itself

One of the main reasons why film studios do re-issues of films on Blu-ray is providing new extras and even better when also including previous extras
It's when they don't include new extras or all previous extras it can be a subpar release

There are lot of Blu-ray releases that are 5 star releases only due to the disc extras included and the main film been included is just a bonus as it's not something new
Picture Quality and Sound improvments are welcome of course if done well but never watching any disc extras you have 100% missed out a lot of fantastic content that some DVD and Blu-ray releases included
Not every release gives you this but there has been a lot that has

One of the main reasons customers purchase reissues is because of new extras when they already have a previous release

Reactions: Balraj
You are missing out on some brilliant content if you never watch extras on any DVD or Blu-ray discs

Some DVD and Blu-ray releases extras especially documentaries can be even better than the main film itself

One of the main reasons why film studios do re-issues of films on Blu-ray is providing new extras and even better when also including previous extras
It's when they don't include new extras or all previous extras it can be a subpar release

There are lot of Blu-ray releases that are 5 star releases only due to the disc extras included and the main film been included is just a bonus as it's not something new
Picture Quality and Sound improvments are welcome of course if done well but never watching any disc extras you have 100% missed out a lot of fantastic content that some DVD and Blu-ray releases included
Not every release gives you this but there has been a lot that has

One of the main reasons customers purchase reissues is because of new extras when they already have a previous release
The days when I could relax and enjoy any extras (and I'm talking the days of Criterion laserdisc) are long gone. I'm lucky if I get watching the film these days.