10858487-1384338439-302497.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 380
  • 10858487-1384338439-302492.jpg
    10858487-1384338439-302492.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 377
Last edited by a moderator:
haha thats so funny!
cant believe that this is 4K Run only!
Putting 4K with Printed Number and xxxx without!! ;)

I agree. I think this is much more than 4000 print. I also got some other steels that have no numbered on them. Sneaky way of them upping print run on us.

I agree. I think this is much more than 4000 print. I also got some other steels that have no numbered on them. Sneaky way of them upping print run on us.

Why would they print more than 4000 of a niche title like this? It is obvious just yet another manufacturing error due to the sheer number of titles being released and a complete lack of quality control. I find it hilarious when people read into something more than they should just to have a pop at someone or something.

Why would they print more than 4000 of a niche title like this? It is obvious just yet another manufacturing error due to the sheer number of titles being released and a complete lack of quality control. I find it hilarious when people read into something more than they should just to have a pop at someone or something.

I got two of the Czech version of Pain and Gain with no numbering on them yesterday.

The thing is, neither one of us knows what is true or false. We are just theorizing and guessing. No reason to smack me down for something neither of us can prove.

Reactions: Thelite13
I got two of the Czech version of Pain and Gain with no numbering on them yesterday.

The thing is, neither one of us knows what is true or false. We are just theorizing and guessing. No reason to smack me down for something neither of us can prove.

The difference is you're insinuating that Zavvi are up to something when in reality they probably aren't. There always has to be some kind of conspiracy where Zavvi are concerned.

I don't trust zavvi with the way they sell steels. I know I am not the only one.
Why? I seriously don't get it. The only thing I find annoying about Zavvi is the way that their products are promoted on this site. I guess that's the price you pay for exclusive news and updates though.

Reactions: ben6212 and stevien
Promoted on this site. Exactly. Sells out, back in stock, last chance, sells out, back in stock. I don't trust all of the print run numbers promoted on this and zavvis site.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Promoted on this site. Exactly. Sells out, back in stock, last chance, sells out, back in stock. I don't trust all of the print run numbers promoted on this and zavvis site.
Don't buy any of there steelbooks and dont comment on any of there exlusive steelbooks? Deal? Deal.

Why is that hard to trust? It happened all the time with Play.com, Amazon always have Steelbooks constantly in and out of stock and even collectors' favourites like Kimchi sell off cancellations in similar fashion. Quite a few Zavvi titles have sold out now and most of them show no sign of coming back. The truth is that a few like to try and put Zavvi down for no good reason and yet continue to give them their business. Strange.

When I read that members on here and BD have confirmed they have received this without any (etched) number I am suspicious of the print run. A mistake? hmmm. Have there been any reports of Entertainment Shop World War Z without a number? No. Any Blufans or Kimchi? No: If there were, people would consider it a (genuine) rarity. But a non-etched City of God? Zavvi have regularly shown themselves to be disingenuous mob and excuses like "staff ineptitude" simply don't wash with me.
And i did vote with my feet/wallet but it won't stop me either buying a Steelbook(or recommending one of theirs - look at the Taxi Driver thread in case you think I'm a basher) i really want, it just leaves me suspicious of their overly-clever tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you all think Zavvi is so mental that they would bother having 4000 of these individually etched, then have an extra amount not etched, then blatantly and illegally false advertise a lie. If their intention was to maliciously deceive us, why have them numbered where it would make it obvious they are playing games? Why not wait until the etched ones sell out before sending out the non etched? And if they were tricking us, it wouldn't be just zavvi to blame because the people at scanavo would have to be in on "plan" as well right? Too much risk and very low reward with this "tactic" so Im going to say that a few special copies slipped the etching machine and should be considered grails:D

I got no. 55 btw and I love this steelbook:)

When I read that members on here and BD have confirmed they have received this without any (etched) number I am suspicious of the print run. A mistake? hmmm. Have there been any reports of Entertainment Shop World War Z without a number? No. Any Blufans or Kimchi? No: If there were, people would consider it a (genuine) rarity. But a non-etched City of God? Zavvi have regularly shown themselves to be disingenuous mob and excuses like "staff ineptitude" simply don't wash with me.
And i did vote with my feet/wallet but it won't stop me either buying a Steelbook(or recommending one of theirs - look at the Taxi Driver thread in case you think I'm a basher) i really want, it just leaves me suspicious of their overly-clever tactics.

Why? What you are suggesting is just absurd. Why would they use a tactic like this at all and especially on a title that isn't very popular with mainstream collectors? The answer is they wouldn't and any suggestion otherwise is just daft or an attempt at trolling. As for Blufans and Kimchi, have they used laser etching on their Steelbooks? No. So that point is irrelevant, though I guess you just wanted to mention them since they are so awesome.

Do you all think Zavvi is so mental that they would bother having 4000 of these individually etched, then have an extra amount not etched, then blatantly and illegally false advertise a lie. If their intention was to maliciously deceive us, why have them numbered where it would make it obvious they are playing games? Why not wait until the etched ones sell out before sending out the non etched? And if they were tricking us, it wouldn't be just zavvi to blame because the people at scanavo would have to be in on "plan" as well right? Too much risk and very low reward with this "tactic" so Im going to say that a few special copies slipped the etching machine and should be considered grails:D

I got no. 55 btw and I love this steelbook:)

Exactly. Every collector is constantly moaning about a complete lack of quality control, yet it is conveniently forgotten when an opportunity to bash Zavvi arises.