Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: May 21, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Black area around guitar is debossed.

11668903-1314548891799572.jpg

Last edited:
Dang. Really in two minds...the Best Buy steelbook is fantastic, but the price they’re going for online is off-putting.

On the other hand, if this has a different finish I’d contemplate cancelling my Zavvi order. It has to have the title on the spine for me- lack of title on the front is a shame.

Those pics, well the exterior pics, look awful, yes the embossing looks good, but what's going on with the horrible dull/muted colours ?, looks horrible in my opinion. Considering cancelling my pre-order and buying the standard 3D amaray if the UK one looks the same.:(

I do think this one looks decent, especially with the 'bossing, but I'm not regretting that I cancelled it in favour of the Best Buy. I didn't expect the colours would be that close to the mock-up.

Personally I'm trying to get the 4K amaray from the states and I'll wait for the Blufans steelbook

The best buy version is so much better. But I would have to pay premium price to import that to Germany...

@apsmith21 is going to Best Buy today to search for more copies.
I believe HDN is customs friendly.

Yep, going to pick up as many copies that are requested and will restock my group buy, leaving in a couple of hours.

Always mark packages as a low value and gift, so they usually make it through OK.

And more than happy to combine or hold with other items for you - can ship up to 3x steelbooks for the same cost - averages to about $8 each to ship when you get 3x at a time.

Dang. Really in two minds...the Best Buy steelbook is fantastic, but the price they’re going for online is off-putting.

On the other hand, if this has a different finish I’d contemplate cancelling my Zavvi order. It has to have the title on the spine for me- lack of title on the front is a shame.

Want help from my GB if I pick some more copies up? I know folks are also keen on the USA Last Jedi steelbook. I can hold & combine! ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: yy0925
@CleverLoginName good idea!
@apsmith21 are there any chances to gain two more copies Coco? Maybe to combine with Star Wars TLJ later, too? What do you think CleverLoginName?

1) I won't know until I get to the store, but I think there will be a few more. Right now I have two real requests, and I'm guessing I can get at least another 2-3 copies. I'm going to try to get as many as I have people interested in.

I can also ask a friend to stop at another store and get some copies there too, if we need to.

2) That's not a problem, combining with TLJ is fine.

1) I won't know until I get to the store, but I think there will be a few more. Right now I have two real requests, and I'm guessing I can get at least another 2-3 copies. I'm going to try to get as many as I have people interested in.

I can also ask a friend to stop at another store and get some copies there too, if we need to.

2) That's not a problem, combining with TLJ is fine.

Thank you so much! What about you @CleverLoginName ? Do we wanna do it?

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Here's a photo that I found of both steelbooks side by side. I don't think the colors look that much different. The lighting can make a huge difference when photographing steelbooks, so I'd really like to see some higher quality photos of the India/EU steelbook before coming to a conclusion here.