Color Out of Space (Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (HMV Exclusive - First Edition #4) [UK]

Robsonmonkey

Premium Supporter
Apr 25, 2013
Release date: April 6, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies. Includes 1 Disc Blu-ray Edition - UK only-artwork on Rigid card - Slipcase - Poster - Limited Edition Color Out of Space book by H.P. Lovecraft, with behind the scenes images from the film

2907CBAF-08E7-4878-A8E9-DA7DB27EDE1C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tridon
No way to get it anywhere and the US-DVD is NTSC, but I have seen that there is a videogame with the same title. That lets me hope that theere will be a european release sometimes.

This is region free and has european languages in intertitles. I'm pretty sure no other release is gonna come. And IT IS available in many places ...

Reactions: komor
No way to get "" anywhere and the US-DVD is NTSC, but I have seen that there is a videogame with the same title. That lets me hope that there will be a european release sometimes.
The Call of Cthulhu is still available to order on DVD
It's available from USA retailers but due to COVID-19 shipping to outside USA from Amazon not happening at the moment but that will change back to normal eventually
Amazon USA $20.00

TV's and Blu-ray/DVD players outside USA play DVD's that are NTSC with no issues
It's only when a DVD is region locked that playback issues happen but that has nothing to do with NTSC or Pal format
The DVD Disc for The Call of Cthulhu is region free

The Call of Cthulhu is still available to order on DVD
It's available from USA retailers but due to COVID-19 shipping to outside USA from Amazon not happening at the moment but that will change back to normal eventually
Amazon USA $20.00

TV's and Blu-ray/DVD players outside USA play DVD's that are NTSC with no issues
The DVD Disc is also region free
I tried it now with The Meg DVD with NTSC and it doesn't play. "Playback is not possible". The Blu-Ray plays without problems.

I tried it now with The Meg DVD with NTSC and it doesn't play. "Playback is not possible". The Blu-Ray plays without problems.
The Meg Warner DVD would be region locked to region 1 that has nothing to do with NTSC or Pal Format

Warner still region lock DVD's but not Blu-ray Discs

A region free or Multi Region DVD/Blu-ray player will play region 1 DVD's

• Thanks
Meg DVD is likely region locked to region 1 that has nothing to do with NTSC or Pal Format
That's new to me. I always thought NTSC and PAL is the region coding. Don't know why they mix them up locked unlocked in one release, but good to know. I have a lot of Imports I still haven't watched and maybe now it is possible to get them to run with my player.

That's new to me. I always thought NTSC and PAL is the region coding. Don't know why they mix them up locked unlocked in one release, but good to know. I have a lot of Imports I still haven't watched and maybe now it is possible to get them to run with my player.
NTSC and Pal formats has nothing to do with region coding whatsoever
NTSC and Pal is about picture format

Region code locking can be done on a DVD discs regeardless what picture format is used

You can have region free DVD discs that are using NTSC or Pal

The Meg Warner DVD would be region locked to region 1 that has nothing to do with NTSC or Pal Format

Warner still region lock DVD's but not Blu-ray Discs

A region free or Multi Region DVD/Blu-ray player will palay region 1 DVD's
Can I see it on the back of the case if its locked or not?

Can I see it on the back of the case if its locked or not?
Most warner USA DVD's are region 1 locked have been since DVD's was released
This is why I purchased DVD Multi region players years ago to play Region 1 DVD's so I could import lot of USA DVD releases
Warner Blu-rays are Region free but DVD'S a lot are region locked

If you have a PC/Laptop with DVD player use VCL player it will play DVD region 1 locked discs
Or purchase a Multi Region Blu-ray player these include region free playback for DVD's

NTSC and Pal is related to picture format and has nothing to do with discs region coding
NTSC DVD would be 720 x 480
PAL DVD would be 720 x 576
DVD's would be either interlaced or progressive an in NTSC 480i or 480p and Pal be 526i or 526p

Some older USA Tv's have issues playing Pal interlaced format be it a DVD or a Blu-ray that has Pal interlaced content but that is not an issue with European TV's as these can play both NTSC and Pal

I only know "Dagon" as one of the Lovecraft-filmings and thought it was good. I hope this one as well. Is anybody knowing what other Lovecraft-filmings are out there (and have a Blu-Ray release)?
These titles in the UK ...
119285_medium.jpg
108960_medium.jpg
77972_medium.jpg
53854_medium.jpg
185371_medium.jpg
160534_medium.jpg
52596_medium.jpg
264997_medium.jpg
Capture.JPG

... but there are other titles released in other territories such as DIE, MONSTER, DIE 1965; THE DUNWICH HORROR 1970; THE CURSE 1987; THE UNNAMABLE 1988; THE RESURRESTED 1991; THE UNNAMABLE II 1992; NECRONOMICON 1993: BOOK OF DEAD; DAGON 2001; BEYOND RE-ANIMATOR 2003; CHILL 2007; THE COLOUR OUT OF SPACE 2010 (first film); THE WHISPERER IN DARKNESS 2011 not yet released here.

• Thanks
kinda want it.. but enough to pay 2,5 the retail price on ebay when its still available for in-store orders *rolleyes*

could any1 help me get a copy to germany? my max offer would be 30gbp shipped to germany (untracked is totally fine), but would hope for a bit less

These titles in the UK ...
View attachment 468409View attachment 468410 View attachment 468412 View attachment 468413 View attachment 468414 View attachment 468415 View attachment 468416 View attachment 468417 View attachment 468418

... but there are other titles released in other territories such as DIE, MONSTER, DIE 1965; THE DUNWICH HORROR 1970; THE CURSE 1987; THE UNNAMABLE 1988; THE RESURRESTED 1991; THE UNNAMABLE II 1992; NECRONOMICON 1993: BOOK OF DEAD; DAGON 2001; BEYOND RE-ANIMATOR 2003; CHILL 2007; THE COLOUR OUT OF SPACE 2010 (first film); THE WHISPERER IN DARKNESS 2011 not yet released here.
Die Monster Die and The Curse are both filmigs of the Lovecraft Novel "The Colour out of Space", on which the Nicolas Cage one is also based on. There are also two german filmings (2010/2017) and an italian one (2008) Very much filmings of this stuff.

Last edited: