Coming to America (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on Novermber 7 at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: UHD Disc only

12716007-1474809814685691.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if this comes with the poster like the US edition?

Sadly it does not..
But it is a great looking steel, i wasn't sold on the artwork cos i wanted the original poster art but in hand it looks great:)

Got it the other day from ebay Canada (for around 20 euro:cigar::coffee:), comes with the poster and to my great surprise it got beautiful gloss finish, great Steelbook for a great movie :oohyeah::drool:

Is the UK one full glossy as well?

Will you be saying that when the next "superior" format comes along and all your 4K discs are "supposedly" inferior ?
I don’t believe 4K will become obsolete. Scans of actual films have reached perfection and grain structures are perfectly rendered in 4K. Scanning at higher resolution will only give more pixels for each grain of film emulsion and not produce a better picture just larger files. In order to see a difference between 4K and say 8k, you would need a cinema screen sized TV so even modern digitally shot movies would not benefit. Would it be possible to produce 8K discs? I’m not sure but there must be a limit and reliability would surely be impacted. I personally always want the blu ray included as I feel the higher price warrants the inclusion so it can be used on say a smaller tv or where a 4K set up isn’t available. I don’t think blu rays will become obsolete either because they are still good enough, just not “the best”. DVDs will become obsolete because of lack of detail, in some cases the square format and much smaller capacity but to this day still produced for every major release, so blu rays have plenty of life left yet. One thing for sure though; a lot of older blu rays have really bad scans so I would definitely try to replace those as the newer ones come out.

Reactions: crib79
I don’t believe 4K will become obsolete. Scans of actual films have reached perfection and grain structures are perfectly rendered in 4K. Scanning at higher resolution will only give more pixels for each grain of film emulsion and not produce a better picture just larger files. In order to see a difference between 4K and say 8k, you would need a cinema screen sized TV so even modern digitally shot movies would not benefit. Would it be possible to produce 8K discs? I’m not sure but there must be a limit and reliability would surely be impacted. I personally always want the blu ray included as I feel the higher price warrants the inclusion so it can be used on say a smaller tv or where a 4K set up isn’t available. I don’t think blu rays will become obsolete either because they are still good enough, just not “the best”. DVDs will become obsolete because of lack of detail, in some cases the square format and much smaller capacity but to this day still produced for every major release, so blu rays have plenty of life left yet. One thing for sure though; a lot of older blu rays have really bad scans so I would definitely try to replace those as the newer ones come out.
And in the spirit of your avatar, let's hope dumb and dumber gets the 4k treatment, cos the current blu ray is a travesty!

Reactions: Retro Parrot
Will you be saying that when the next "superior" format comes along and all your 4K discs are "supposedly" inferior ?
Well apparently 4K will be the last physical format so No.
But what I was saying is why do I need the film twice on 2 different formats, its just so they can justify the high price.
With all my new 4K Films I have yet to watch the blu ray version!

Well apparently 4K will be the last physical format so No.
But what I was saying is why do I need the film twice on 2 different formats, its just so they can justify the high price.
With all my new 4K Films I have yet to watch the blu ray version!
People that are happy with 2D could also say " why do I need the film twice on 2 different formats, its just so they can justify the high price"