Cancelled Community (Season 6) [Yahoo]

FanOfGaming

Steelbook, POP & Statue Collector
Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
1403475_10152036505678184_1104425366_o.jpg

Heading into its fifth season, "Community" is a smart, exuberant comedy that is consistently ranked as one of the most inventive and original half-hours on television. This ensemble comedy centers on a tight-knit group of friends who all met at what is possibly the world's worst educational institution - Greendale Community College. At the center of the group is Jeff Winger (Joel McHale, "The Soup"), a fast-talking lawyer who was caught with a phony college degree. Disbarred until he could earn a legitimate degree, Winger chose Greendale, thinking he could breeze through the mediocre school without a hitch. However, he soon found himself the reluctant leader of a disparate group of misfits, all stuck at Greendale for different reasons.

The study group includes Britta Perry (Gillian Jacobs), who dropped out of high school to "change the world" and soon found herself in her thirties with no marketable skills; Shirley Bennett (Yvette Nicole Brown), a religious housewife who landed at Greendale after a messy divorce and is now blossoming into a headstrong entrepreneur; Abed Nadir (Danny Pudi), a socially awkward but well-meaning pop culture savant; Annie Edison (Alison Brie), a high-strung perfectionist; Troy Barnes (Donald Glover), a former high school football star still trying to find his way; and Ben Chang (Ken Jeong ), a former Spanish teacher who is either insane or an evil genius, or both.

At Greendale's helm is Dean Pelton (Jim Rash), an administrator whose ineptitude is matched only by his love of the school and his devotion to his students.

Dan Harmon created "Community" and serves as executive producer. Russ Krasnoff ("The Soloist") also serves as executive producer, along with Gary Foster ("Sleepless in Seattle"), Chris McKenna ("The Mindy Project") and Patrick Kienlen. Tristram Shapeero ("Nurse Jackie") is executive producer/director.

The series is a Krasnoff-Foster Entertainment and Harmonious Claptrap production, in association with Universal Television and Sony Pictures Television.

Attachments

• Community.jpg
    Community.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Yeah I read that he left the show, I've not watched this show before but I've heard it's one of the best comedies going, so I'm gunna watch season 4

So, what did everybody think of the season opener last week? I kinda though it was a weak opener, and it didn't quite feel like an episode of Community. I mean, i liked the whole Hunger Games competition thing, but it just felt like something was missing. Maybe it's just me though.

So, what did everybody think of the season opener last week? I kinda though it was a weak opener, and it didn't quite feel like an episode of Community. I mean, i liked the whole Hunger Games competition thing, but it just felt like something was missing. Maybe it's just me though.

I'm watching without watching the previous seasons as I mentioned above (which I hate typically doing but they aren't on Blu-ray). Wasn't sure why the character Pierce changed actor when "ABED TV" was used (I know Chevy is leaving the show, but it seemed weird in the context of the same episode). I thought it was okay, but nowhere near my fav comedies

Just watched the first two episodes of season six and i have to say.... :meh:

I mean, it wasn't a total bust but not as good as the old ones, just seemed sorta bland :dunno:

I really hope that they fulfill the prophecy (haha) and end the show after this season, and then release a movie to wrap it all up. I mean, they kind of HAVE to, right?