Conan the Barbarian (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: November 18, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Sunday November 3 at 6pm UK Time)
Price: £15.99

EG6C9QFXUAAdb5Z.jpg

12218440-1944688022543609.jpg12218440-1884688022657459.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody confirm this disc has the audio issue corrected ?
2013 disc had audio issue fixed that was in 2011 Blu-ray release.

This steelbook has same disc that was in 2013 steelbook

2013 UK Blu-ray only has UK cut version
Does not have International cut of the film
Audio error fixed

2011 Blu-ray release had both UK and International cuts of the film but had audio errors

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Jocelin
Looks ok but gather it has no embossing like previous steelbook from 2013

I cancelled my order last week as I already have the 2013 steelbook and was waiting to see in hand photos to decide if I double dip
I will not be getting this new steelbook as in my opinion the 2013 looks better

If blu-ray in the steelbook had of had new remaster and new extras then I would have purchased again but it has same disc as 2013 steelbook

For those that missed out on the 2013 steelbook it's still a good alternative

Looks ok but gather it has no embossing like previous steelbook from 2013

I cancelled my order last week as I already have the 2013 steelbook and was waiting to see in hand photos to decide if I double dip
I will not be getting this new steelbook as in my opinion the 2013 looks better

If blu-ray in the steelbook had of had new remaster and new extras then I would have purchased again but it has same disc as 2013 steelbook

For those that missed out on the 2013 steelbook it's still a good alternative
Yeah no embossing on front bit of a let down but still looks pretty decent though

Reactions: paulboland
I'd rather have a nice glossy steelbook with no embossing/debossing than an embossed/debossed steelbook with matte finish, but that is just my preference.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I'm happy enough with the original steel, but this one turned out pretty nice also.

Was the first release cut?
yes!

"The Australian release, the French Conan - L'integrale de la Saga Steelbook release, and the Italian re-issue release have the uncut release with the original mono track and the corrected audio and video.
Note that although the UK Limited Edition includes corrected audio and the original mono track, it only includes the cut version."

yes!

"The Australian release, the French Conan - L'integrale de la Saga Steelbook release, and the Italian re-issue release have the uncut release with the original mono track and the corrected audio and video.
Note that although the UK Limited Edition includes corrected audio and the original mono track, it only includes the cut version."

@monterock

2013 disc had audio issue fixed that was in 2011 Blu-ray release.

This steelbook has same disc that was in 2013 steelbook

2013 UK Blu-ray only has UK cut version
Does not have International cut of the film
Audio error fixed

2011 Blu-ray release had both UK and International cuts of the film but had audio errors