Conan the Barbarian (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: November 18, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Sunday November 3 at 6pm UK Time)
Price: £15.99

EG6C9QFXUAAdb5Z.jpg

12218440-1944688022543609.jpg12218440-1884688022657459.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T
@BluSteel2012

Steelbook is full gloss finish

Unboxing video
Guy in video showing previous and new steelbook

To see finish of steelbooks you need to remove shrink wrapping

Thanks Paul.

I'll have a look tonight when I get home. It honestly looks streaky through the shrink-wrap though.

I've never seen that before. I always thought I was a good judge of finishes!

for me:
front old edition better,
back new edition better
inside both good :)
So it feels like you presented a swing, and then a roundabout, and ultimately you're sitting on the fence (and committed to both - that's ok!) :joy:

Brave enough to customize and make the ultimate steelbook?

I only own the new one, I do wish I had the old edition, just love the bossing and what they tried and succeeded in doing...

Reactions: chingie123

Interesting. I'm going to try this later and see if I can access the Uncut version......

You need to have the UK 2011 Amaray Blu-ray as shown in that video to use the trick to watch uncut International Cut
2011 disc had audio errors

If you have UK 2013 Steelbook or 2019 UK Steelbook
UK 2013 Amaray and 2013 Steelbook and 2019 Steelbook has 2013 Blu-ray Disc
UK 2013 Disc it only has UK cut of film and does not have International Cut uncut version on Disc
Fox UK removed the international uncut version from 2013 UK discs so no trick with language settings or using region A will work as uncut international cut it not on the 2013 UK disc

Reactions: BluSteel2012
You need to have the UK 2011 Amaray Blu-ray as shown in that video to use the trick to watch uncut International Cut
2011 disc had audio errors

If you have UK 2013 Steelbook or 2019 UK Steelbook
UK 2013 Amaray and 2013 Steelbook and 2019 Steelbook has 2013 Blu-ray Disc
UK 2013 Disc it only has UK cut of film and does not have International Cut uncut version on Disc
Fox UK removed the international uncut version from 2013 UK discs so no trick with language settings or using region A will work as uncut international cut it not on the 2013 UK disc
Ah bummer.

Is there a way of knowing the older disc? I might be able to find it cheap in CEX but I'd need it to be the 2013 one.....

I would assume you could just import the Region A version and it should work on all players. Its very rare that they lock a disc to region specific players.

I would assume you could just import the Region A version and it should work on all players. Its very rare that they lock a disc to region specific players.
US releases don't have the full extended version so they are shorter than the UK release. Best bet for a disc swap would be Australia for the English menus, but the full extended cut is also available in most European Countries.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012