paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 21, 2024
Purchase links: Arrow Video - Amazon - DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video
Price: $45.00 (Arrow Video) - $59.99 (Amazon) - $39.99 (DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video)

53669_10_crimson_peak_uhd_exploded_packshot_us_v2.jpg

Last edited:
• 4K (2160p) Ultra HD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible), approved by director Guillermo del Toro
• Original DTS:X Master Audio sound
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Optional Descriptive Video Service® (DVS®) for the visually impaired
• Audio commentary by co-writer and director Guillermo del Toro
• The House is Alive: Constructing Crimson Peak, a feature-length documentary with cast and crew interviews and extensive behind the scenes footage
• Spanish language interview with Guillermo del Toro
• The Gothic Corridor, The Scullery, The Red Clay Mines, The Limbo Fog Set; four featurettes exploring different aspects of Allerdale Hall
• A Primer on Gothic Romance, the director and stars talk about the key traits of Gothic romance
• The Light and Dark of Crimson Peak, the cast and crew talk about the film’s use of color
• Hand Tailored Gothic, a featurette on the film’s striking costumes
• A Living Thing, a look at the design, modelling and construction of the Allerdale Hall sets
• Beware of Crimson Peak, a walking tour around Allerdale Hall with Tom Hiddleston
• Crimson Phantoms, a featurette on the film’s amazing ghosts
• Kim Newman on Crimson Peak and the Tradition of Gothic Romance, an interview with the author and critic
• Violence and Beauty in Guillermo del Toro’s Gothic Fairy Tale Films, a video essay by the writer Kat Ellinger
• Deleted scenes
• Image gallery
• Original trailers and TV spots
• Double-sided foldout poster
• Four double-sided postcards
• Limited edition packaging designed by Crimson Peak concept artist Guy Davis
• Limited edition 80-page, hard-bound book featuring writing by David Jenkins and Simon Abrams, an archival interview with Guillermo del Toro, and original conceptual design illustrations by artists Guy Davis and Oscar Chichoni

Yeah, exactly the same 5 years ago.
It's all been said in other threads, if there weren't 4 of them for 1 release... :D
There is only 2 threads for 4K release (USA and UK) in the Collector's & Limited Edition Forum
Collector's & Limited Edition Forum gets more views and more chance of purchase links been used and a thread should always be created in this forum section if it's a limited edition that includes Slip/booklet/poster/artcards etc
Hi Def Ninja gets revenue from retailers if purchase made using the links.

Separate threads should always be created when released in different countries as a release will have different release dates and different retailers purchase links.
There will be differences in packaging age ratings logos and also sometimes disc content included can be different.

Arrow Films UK and Arrow Video USA are always separate releases and have different catalog label numbers and different distribution.

Arrow Forum section is for all arrow releases be they limited or standard editions and that's a different forum.

I knew I should've put a @paulboland Trigger warning disclaimer... :facepalm:
I know all that, it's still ridiculous and could easily be in one thread with all the links.
We managed such threads 'somehow' with a 2-3 very different editions of a release, like forthcoming Seven, or any of the 'premiums', and I think it'd be easier for people to have 1 thread for all WWA releases, with links and images added as they appear in various countries and stores.

Reactions: astycorax
I knew I should've put a @paulboland Trigger warning disclaimer... :facepalm:
I know all that, it's still ridiculous and could easily be in one thread with all the links.
We managed such threads 'somehow' with a 2-3 very different editions of a release, like forthcoming Seven, or any of the 'premiums', and I think it'd be easier for people to have 1 thread for all WWA releases, with links and images added as they appear in various countries and stores.
No not with threads on Hi Def Ninja

Each country release is to get a separate thread.

WWA SteelBooks can have different finish in some countries and discs format and content included be different.
Having 1 thread for multiple countries releases that can result in someone assuming a release is exact same in all countries when it's not and each country will have different release dates.

So it’s the same packaging as the blu ray one? This sort of annoys me with arrow I purchased pretty much all the limited editions of arrow on Blu-ray and then started on the 4K but as other stuff I needed to get or wanted a let a few of the 4K ltd ones slip by, now I wonder if it’s even worth it.
I be all over it more if they changed everything about it different art or something but most if not all are mostly same as before just in 4K.
Ok yes you can get exclusive ones but it is a bit annoying there are all same they just copy last but in 4K.

• Haha
Reactions: astycorax
So it’s the same packaging as the blu ray one? This sort of annoys me with arrow I purchased pretty much all the limited editions of arrow on Blu-ray and then started on the 4K but as other stuff I needed to get or wanted a let a few of the 4K ltd ones slip by, now I wonder if it’s even worth it.
I be all over it more if they changed everything about it different art or something but most if not all are mostly same as before just in 4K.
Ok yes you can get exclusive ones but it is a bit annoying there are all same they just copy last but in 4K.
6be607f2-7c36-4b98-9f25-4c498c826b8a_text.gif