Crisis at Marvel

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Posting here for visibility. Feel free to discuss.

Marvel-In-Trouble-Illustration-Full-2.jpg

Multiverse is played out, it's no longer a niche thing, everyone seems to be doing it.... Time for Marvel to push the button and do a hard reset. Take it back to basics.

Remember when Tony Stark first hovered and wobbled before crashing multiple times in his garage? Marvel needs to get back to that instead of every kid who jumps into an exosuit automatically being an ace fighter pilot.

Also, character deaths have lost a lot of weight because there's multiple versions of them available for plucking elsewhere in the multiverse. You know the stakes have been almost removed entirely when after the latest bump in the road Marvel are already in talks with RDJ and Scarjo.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Multiverse is played out, it's no longer a niche thing, everyone seems to be doing it.... Time for Marvel to push the button and do a hard reset. Take it back to basics.

Remember when Tony Stark first hovered and wobbled before crashing multiple times in his garage? Marvel needs to get back to that instead of every kid who jumps into an exosuit automatically being an ace fighter pilot.

Also, character deaths have lost a lot of weight because there's multiple versions of them available for plucking elsewhere in the multiverse. You know the stakes have been almost removed entirely when after the latest bump in the road Marvel are already in talks with RDJ and Scarjo.
I don’t read comics. But I’m pretty sure the multiverse and reincarnation by way of the multiverse are a part of both DC and MC. As for RDJ/Scar, I’m 99% sure the only reason they’re doing that is because they’re having issues with the current round of movies.

IMO, the issue is they need to concentrate on making good movies. YOu don’t need 3 or 4 MCU films/year. For me, the pst endgame movies that I I liked were Black Widow, Shand Chi, No Way Home, Wakanda Forever and Quantumania (not as good as the others, but an enjoyable movie).
I liked, but didn’t love, Eternals.

I disliked Thor: Love & Thunder, Strange 2 and GoG3. Obviously the latter is mostly me, but I want GoG to be funny and I feel like it hasn’t been consistently funny after the first one.

I liked all teh D+ shows, but the last time I had D+ was 2 years ago, so I can’t comment on anything that came out after later 2021.
I don’t mind a new RDJ lead flick, but that’s a bandaid over the problem. They need to operate on the Less is More principle.