March 2023:
All That Heaven Allows (1955)
Magnificent Obsession (1954)

February 2023:
Vivre Sa Vie (1962)
Imitation of Life (1934)

January 2023:
The Breakfast Club (1985)
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988)
Classic movie label the Criterion Collection is to launch on Blu-ray in the U.K. on April 18 following a multi-year home entertainment distribution pact with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Until now Criterion has only been available in the U.S. and Canada.

SPHE will bring selected titles from Criterion’s extensive catalog and future new release slate to the U.K. for the first time. The first wave of films, featuring all the supplements from the U.S. editions along with their exclusive artwork and packaging, are “Grey Gardens,” “It Happened One Night,” Roman Polanski’s “Macbeth,” “Only Angels Have Wings,” “Speedy” and “Tootsie.”

Criterion Collection chief executive officer Jonathan Turell said: “We are excited to launch the Criterion Collection in the U.K. Starting with these six great titles, we are happy to be able to bring selections from Criterion to our very devoted audience in the U.K. We are thrilled to build upon our strong relationship with Sony and look forward to expanding the Criterion audience.”

“Criterion represents the very best of classic and contemporary filmmaking and we are delighted to bring this prestigious collection to the U.K. for the first time,” added Aodan Coburn, executive VP, international, SPHE. “This partnership demonstrates SPHE’s continued commitment to growing our distribution business.”

Source

Last edited:
HMV are currently offering 20% off the following UK Criterions with code HIDEF20 - quite a wide range including box sets and lots of digipaks!

I just got a dispatch email from Amazon UK for the Irishman

That's first time I had a dispatch or an order on a Thursday for a Monday release from Amazon

I will have delivery on Monday or possibly even Saturday/Sunday

I got a few Amazon deliveries in past 2 months delivered on a Sunday

Amazon now have a warehouse in Ireland based in Dublin and use An Post or their own Amazon delivery drivers for some locations in Dublin and Meath and some other regional towns outside Dublin.

An Post delivery on Sunday is only for Amazon orders

Right then, any sales for us Region B folks?
3 for £30 at pretty much all retailers and also some price drops for Black Friday... just a case of looking around for the cheapest option - Zavvi have a 12% off code (REDDIT) that can make them the cheapest for certain titles.

Reactions: VVD
Rumour has is that the Wong Kar-Wai set will be announced for the UK next month (April).

150 pounds is quite steep I must say. Wish we got more sales as they do in USA.
And EU-buyers would need a proxy too, VAT will be hell.
Yep, makes it around £21 per film and actually cheaper to import from the US, which is ridiculous! Hoping the price drops before release, but I doubt it :(