Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - 20th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on September 27 at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £24.99
Finish: Glossy w/ no 'bossing

12699771-1194802283066258.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
another highly anticipated release down the drain with unacceptable artwork
i love this film, but this is what i don't get from a studio/money making perspective. :confused: sure, we're keyboard warrioring here on a special forum, but if you're the studio,
- and steelbooks are a physical medium that you can still charge decent money for and people will buy it on release,
- and when this film is very popular and has had only one, poor steelbook relase before in the UK,
- and you want it to sell out at £24.99 retail and not be in the offers bin in 6 months' time at half that,
why do you not make a tiny bit more effort in design to ensure you get the best return?

exactly the same reason i passed on the American Gangster steel - cheap, badly photoshopped rejig of the original poster with the proportions wrong. or that 2-second-design-and-it-was-done Whiplash 4k steelbook. or that redundant Ferris Bueller cheap photoshop one with his body going through the side of the car.

don't mind if it's the original poster or something new, but make a goddamn effort. then you get my money. otherwise when i see a half-assed design that could have been better on a higher price item, it's this scenario:

i love this film, but this is what i don't get from a studio/money making perspective. :confused: sure, we're keyboard warrioring here on a special forum, but if you're the studio,
- and steelbooks are a physical medium that you can still charge decent money for and people will buy it on release,
- and when this film is very popular and has had only one, poor steelbook relase before in the UK,
- and you want it to sell out at £24.99 retail and not be in the offers bin in 6 months' time at half that,
why do you not make a tiny bit more effort in design to ensure you get the best return?

exactly the same reason i passed on the American Gangster steel - cheap, badly photoshopped rejig of the original poster with the proportions wrong. or that 2-second-design-and-it-was-done Whiplash 4k steelbook. or that redundant Ferris Bueller cheap photoshop one with his body going through the side of the car.

don't mind if it's the original poster or something new, but make a goddamn effort. then you get my money. otherwise when i see a half-assed design that could have been better on a higher price item, it's this scenario:

There is an apparent lack of love or respect for the material the art is being created for. Its evident in these unenthusiastic designs that actual fans simply don't like. I believe if you created something with a passion for the material, others would love it too. its obvious that steels like those you mentioned (i'l add Home Alone to that list) were just another design for just another film.

I think I’m alone but I actually like this design

price could be much less though

Reactions: MrSquifler
Surprised code is still working now, had my order in at 8.40 UK time when it went live early this morning.

Hopefully its gloss with a sharper image when in hand, but overall I like the style of the art. Fitting with the film. Don't like that sony aren't showing the rear/interior though (n)

@zavvi
this redcarpet s*hit annoying
are the other people outside the uk humans 2nd class ????
it's time to say goodbye to zavvi, the store and the quality of the steelbooks is getting worse
cabrones ingleses

Like it and haven’t got, so ordered with 10% off :thumbs:

There is an apparent lack of love or respect for the material the art is being created for. Its evident in these unenthusiastic designs that actual fans simply don't like. I believe if you created something with a passion for the material, others would love it too. its obvious that steels like those you mentioned (i'l add Home Alone to that list) were just another design for just another film.
Can't agree with you - about fans not liking it - as it's showing as Sold Out on the same day that it went up for pre-order . . . granted, limited to 1,000 in the UK must have had something to do with it.

Last edited: