Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $29.99

81dLx4G+KQL._SX385_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked it at first, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like just a cut 'n' paste photo collage with a filter applied to it. Looking at the original screenshots reveals that the whole cover image was flipped. What would have been wrong with it the original way?

View attachment 484225 View attachment 484226 View attachment 484227 View attachment 484224

View attachment 484228

Also, is Dark Cloud's bird really so important? He should be holding the comb. :)

Quick mockup (not very good) of what it might have looked like in green (a professional version wouldn't look so much like Looney Tunes):

View attachment 484230
I wonder if a black instead of green or red back drop could have done it a bit more justice .Who hires these lazy designers a big disappointment they really need to put a bit more thought into thsee if they are suppose to be collectable

Good news considering it's been over ten years since the previous UK steel which had all of the issues exhibited by steels of the late 2000s:-

View attachment 481888
This was my very first steelbook purchase, found it in the blu Ray section in my local supermarket for £22.. even though it was my first sb I was ocd, found a dent on it and took it back for a replacement. Absolutely hated the printed age ratings, blue banner and printed back, but I loved this film so I had to buy it.. it's still on my shelf but I've been waiting for a better release.. but sadly this isn't it.. $50 shipped from amazon:rofl:

@virkia
I bought it in 2009-10, so my supermarket was a little overpriced at £22.. I should have gone to hmv.. after I bought this I didn't continue buying steels until i saw play.com had forest gump (I bought it 2012) and once I received it I fell in love with steel books and went crazy playing catch up:joy: I would never get rid of the original steel as it was my first one.. its not very pretty though.. but I'm still not paying $50 to upgrade until they put some love into the artwork:)

Reactions: virkia and Lutzo