Custom car/new ride? Post pics here!

@Xavier Here's a picture of mine so you can see the quality of them and the dual rocker switch too.

View attachment 161807

The instructions they include are just one piece of paper and you really can't read it that well because it's of a photo copy of a photo copy of a photo copy etc, if you know what I mean. I've included the PDF file in this post which is pretty much universal for those Spyder fog lights. I had to search high and low to find it but I finally found it on the ScionLife forums buried 10 pages into a section.

Thanks for that! Saved for the future whenever I can get around to it. Just got home and managed to quickly get my center dash and "waterfall" removed rather quickly. Will be heading to look for paint tomorrow after work so it can be back together by monday. Still have not fully made up my mind if I want to change the silver trim to white or a blue variant to match my car. Nice part is if I ever want to switch the color to something else easily.

10622853_10153265612401399_3631148904912997375_n.jpg

Reactions: Lone Crusader
1908126_10153270460301399_2946052363484796555_n.jpg
11203165_10153269807396399_1596993495629778366_n.jpg

Just a quick update some progress today. Finished my main waterfall and dash gauge cover. And unexpectedly did my calipers.
Currently waiting on a black and white shift boot before I install the rest there. Important part is I can us my AC again!

View attachment 162244 View attachment 162243

Just a quick update some progress today. Finished my main waterfall and dash gauge cover. And unexpectedly did my calipers.
Currently waiting on a black and white shift boot before I install the rest there. Important part is I can us my AC again!
Very nice, I really like that color that you used for your calipers. It looks almost like the color Lavender? Did you have any trouble with removing the trim around your gauges?

Very nice, I really like that color that you used for your calipers. It looks almost like the color Lavender? Did you have any trouble with removing the trim around your gauges?
Thank you its actually a dark blue. I had not planned to do the calipers yet. ALL autozone had was blue, red, gray and black. I considered engine paint because they had more colors but the engine paint is only heat resistant to 500 degrees while the calipers are 900. I did not feel the red or black would look good so I went dark blue. Much easier to do than I thought actually thinking my civic next since I have plenty of paint leftover,

As far as removing the gauge trim its actually easier to remove than the waterfall. Just drop the steering wheel down (where the adjust lever is ) and pull lightly. Easiest piece to remove but did have to wiggle a little more to put it back a only a extra 30 sec.

@Xavier What kind and color rims did you get for your Scion?

I ended up with these http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...14352-50951&counter=3&type=w&rd=18&vid=017580

The are white with a silver machine finished lip. Living in the south I dont have to worry about potholes that much so I decided to get 18's since I plan on lowering my car sometime in the next year.

Sadly I live hrs away from any shop that has rims so I went the online route. They arrived inflated with nitro and balanced ready to be put on the car.

I ended up with these http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...14352-50951&counter=3&type=w&rd=18&vid=017580

The are white with a silver machine finished lip. Living in the south I dont have to worry about potholes that much so I decided to get 18's since I plan on lowering my car sometime in the next year.

Sadly I live hrs away from any shop that has rims so I went the online route. They arrived inflated with nitro and balanced ready to be put on the car.
Those are nice but man I would constantly be having to clean white like everyday because of where I work, very nice though. I finally decided the other day that I was going with the HD Racing red Spinout rims. It's these here.
newspinoutcar_HDCred_art_02.jpg
It'll be 40 to 60 days before Discount Tire will get them in though. Since I already have 18" rims all they have to do is switch out the tires and transfer over the TPMS sensors and I'll be good to go.

Reactions: Xavier
I did this up in Photoshop last night to see what they'd look like on my car.
View attachment 163285

I think they will look pretty sweet honestly. 40-60 days huh wow thats a long time ! They must be hard to get but at least you can get them and they can do a easy swap for you so you are not dishing out for tires.

One pain with mine was I went from the stock 17's to 18's and since they dont have any shops in my state I was SOL! Oh well I still like what I ended up with. The white is actually not been too bad for me but I plan on keeping it as a weekend /travel car to help balance my civic miles.I do wish I had a garage to keep my cars in as a bird **** all over my Scion back window and wheels the day after I put a nice wax down . Also they are putting down asphalt where I have to travel unfortunately so I am not driving her and shes still torn apart as Im still messing around with parts. I ordered a custom shift boot that I am still waiting on to come in.

11390049_10153302026726399_831718165309088027_n.jpg

So I finally got my new leather shift boot installed really the last piece I was waiting for. And I also got a brake leather cover as well. Black and white.

@Xavier very nice! I like that shift knob too and you can't go wrong sportin' a Monster drink along the way. :thumbs: There's so much I want to do to mine that sometimes it's hard to decide on what to do next.

Thanks! Really like it has some decent weight to it much easier to throw than the Factory. Pretty happy the way things turned out may hop in the back seat tomorrow and get a few pics . Still need to do the door handles but I have been crazy busy with work. Slept over 12 hrs today as its my first day off in a week and a half .

Double monster BTW has to keep me awake so I can get to work :D . For now I will just take a bit of a breather before any more work. I did get a Ledglow interior light kit that will be here mid week. Just wanted a simple clean kit for this car.May put on next weekend since I took off for my Bday.
I had a unexpected trip come up for end of June down to Cape coral for family and I recently ordered some Hot Toys so my June / July /Aug budget is now gone (Damn Sideshow sales and weddings:wow:) but hey priorities right ? I do have a 3rd car that im finally going to put up for sale and anything I get from it is going towards New TC parts .

i have gone through a few rides...
my first car was a 2000 Nissan Altima... it was low, loud and slow... haha...
1618332_737453369610052_4308432486100843120_o.jpg

def grew up with my next car... and had a very quick 2005 Subaru Legacy GT... i still miss her to this day... transmission issues forced me into getting rid of her...
10399107_621965294658_993478_n.jpg

grew up a little more... 2011 Mazda 3 Hatch... aside from tints, it was a boring daily...
11025854_10101703057960248_4553642344283557383_o.jpg

i missed the awd and the turbo of my old subie... but i did come to appreciate having a hatch... so this past Feb i picked up my new 2015 Subaru Forester XT... glad to be back in a a turbo vehicle! :naughty:
10847300_10101703058094978_7474791811450432647_o.jpg

are those the awful headlights that blind on coming traffic?
There are no lights that blind on coming traffic bro. If that we're the case they wouldn't be allowed on vehicles due to traffic violations. If you experienced a blinding effect due to headlights being too bright is either caused be someone that has there brights on as they approach you or they have there headlights angled facing more upward rather than facing the road which is more common than you think.

There are no lights that blind on coming traffic bro. If that we're the case they wouldn't be allowed on vehicles due to traffic violations. If you experienced a blinding effect due to headlights being too bright is either caused be someone that has there brights on as they approach you or they have there headlights angled facing more upward rather than facing the road which is more common than you think.

you are wrong my friend, it's the new headlights with LED that are blinding, even worse with their hi beams on

I don't mean permanent blinding. And I am not the only one that complains about them. There is no need for that bright a light
I think you have LED lights mistaken with something else, the only difference is that LED is much whiter, not brighter. Your mistaken them with a HID kit which are much brighter.