Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2D + 3D Blu-ray FuturePak) [France]

Nov 29, 2012
Release date: December 5th, 2014
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
FNAC.com
Price: €26.99 (Amazon) €34,99 (Fnac)

dawnapes.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the awesome photos @paulboland :thumbs: Can you tell me what's on the bonus blu-ray? (content & running times) Thanks
The Bonus Blu ray Disc
Andy Serkis on stage discussing some scenes from the film and then the film footage showing what he's discussing about with apes parts forced subtitles in both English and French
Note there is no subtitles for when Andy Serkis is speaking on stage
Its 46 Min Long

Andy Serkis is on stage speaking in English but there is a French person translating in French as he is speaking with is a bit annoying as it drowns out what Andy Serkis is saying with no option to turn off the French translation

The Bonus Blu ray Disc
Andy Serkis on stage discussing some scenes from the film and then the film footage showing what he's discussing about with apes parts forced subtitles in both English and French
Note there is no subtitles for when Andy Serkis is speaking on stage
Its 46 Min Long

Andy Serkis is on stage speaking in English but there is a French person translating in French as he is speaking with is a bit annoying as it drowns out what Andy Serkis is saying with no option to turn off the French translation

Sounds just like the Sainsbury's bonus DVD (interview and Q&A by Andy Serkis at a screening in Paris. He says some basic French for a few seconds at start then in English, runs 46 minutes. There is no menu, just a play button after boot up. It's R2 PAL DVD in English only, no subtitles). I don't actually have it, but I found the previous description on another forum.

Are all the discs in the French futurepak region-free? I forgot to check before placing my order.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: paulboland
Sounds just like the Sainsbury's bonus DVD (interview and Q&A by Andy Serkis at a screening in Paris. He says some basic French for a few seconds at start then in English, runs 46 minutes. There is no menu, just a play button after boot up. It's R2 PAL DVD in English only, no subtitles). I don't actually have it, but I found the previous description on another forum.

Are all the discs in the French futurepak region-free? I forgot to check before placing my order.

Thanks in advance.
The description of the Sainsbury's disc matches exactly what's on the French Bonus Blu Ray disc

I have not checked the discs in my region A player I will do tomorrow and let you know

The Discs only have region B printed on them but still might be region free

The description of the Sainsbury's disc matches exactly what's on the French Bonus Blu Ray disc

I have not checked the discs in my region A player I will do tomorrow and let you know

The Discs only have region B printed on them but still might be region free

OK, thanks. By the way, is the french translator merely annoying or does he make it impossible to hear Andy Serkis?

OK, thanks. By the way, is the french translator merely annoying or does he make it impossible to hear Andy Serkis?
Makes it impossible to hear Andy Serkis clearly as he speaks the translator is speaking
Strange decision to do it this way
Would have been better just to have choice of English/French audio selection and English/French subtitles

Wow :thumbs:
This is a nice FuturePak

My copy arrived a couple of weeks ago and I would certainly agree that it is a very good FuturePak and I'm glad to have added it to my collection, although I'm a little disappointed that Fox France didn't include a film cell with it, as they did with their release of its predecessor.

81uC7j8uMHL._SL1500_.jpg

My major reservation about this release, however, is that the artwork doesn't match that of the earlier French Steelbook of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" which I also own. That had unique artwork which, in my opinion, was superior to its UK and German counterparts.

81ZSJn9devL._SL1500_.jpg

It's unfortunate that every release of "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" worldwide, be it Steelbook or FuturePak, uses the same artwork. Especially so, since Fox has released the contemporary "X-Men: Days of Future Past" in two alternate versions, enabling collectors to select the one with the artwork they prefer or to obtain both, as was the case with me.

When this particular release was first listed, the placeholder artwork was that which was eventually utilised for most of the standard Blu-ray and DVD releases worldwide, including France.

91CS7m2JREL._SL1500_.jpg

Personally, I find this artwork far superior to that actually used and I think that if Fox France had utilised it for its FuturePak release then it would have had an absolute winner on its hands.

My hope is that in a couple of years time, Fox will re-release this title, as they have done with its predecessor, and that when they do so, they will use the alternate artwork. I would certainly double dip and I'm sure many others would also do so.

Reactions: lgans316