Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2D + 3D Blu-ray FuturePak) [France]

Nov 29, 2012
Release date: December 5th, 2014
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
FNAC.com
Price: €26.99 (Amazon) €34,99 (Fnac)

dawnapes.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how cool!!!! I'm happy with my country on this one haha!

I hope it is indeed a steelbook but well when they say "coffret metal" or "Pack Metal" it usually turns out to be a proper steelbook, but well we can't be sure until confirmed.

I'll wait a bit before pre-ordering though but I'm happy to see this! looks like a great pack

Forgot to say that I hate this poster, it seems that it is Ceasar holding this gun which is completely unlike the character.
They better change this for the artwork

Pre-ordered for now
1 Blu-ray 3D + 1 Blu-ray 2D + 2 DVD (dont 1 Bonus) + DHD - Edition Collector Pack Métal
This has a bonus dvd disc like the previous release

I hope the price drops
I will decide near release date if I will be keeping my order

Forgot to say that I hate this poster, it seems that it is Ceasar holding this gun which is completely unlike the character.
They better change this for the artwork

Surely, it's meant to be Koba not Caesar, since it was Koba who led the attack on horseback whilst wielding a gun. Caesar being incapacitated at the time.

I love this artwork and really hope that it will be utilised for the French Steelbook. So much better, in my opinion, than the bland artwork of the UK and US Steelbook releases. It will also go well with my French Steelbook of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes", which I again purchased in preference to the UK release due to its superior artwork and the exclusive extras.

I note that the French release also follows in the footsteps of its predecessor, in including an exclusive bonus DVD of extras not available elsewhere. Hopefully, they'll also include a film cell since one was provided in the earlier release.

I have great hopes for this release and hope that Fox France doesn't drop the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know it's a detail but I can't help but see Ceasar and not Koba, I think we'd be able to see his scar that he has on that side of the face on that poster.
I'm not sure though

sorry i don't do french but think this maybe a metalpak from description

Edition Collector Pack Métal

The problem is that the term Steelbook is not used universally. If you look on Amazon's European sites, you will see Steelbooks listed as Steelbooks but often they will also be listed as something else, usually in the language of the respective site. I've given a few examples below.

France: Boitier Metal & Metal Case. Italy: Metal Box & Steelbox. Spain: Caja Metalica & Edicion Metalica.

Usually, but not always, the listing turns out to be a Steelbook but it's a case of having to wait for confirmation. In the case of some Italian releases, you don't get to find out for sure until the day of release.

Regarding this particular release, it's from Fox France, so it will probably be a Steelbook. However, in certain other territories such as US, UK and Italy, Fox has released a number of titles in the FuturePak format. So, until we get sight of the final artwork, nothing is for certain.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info Augustus!
Also it seems to be quite similar to what the french rise of the planet of the apes offered, so I think this indicates a steelbook too

Funny how they now list it as steelbook yet the picture clearly shows a metalpack. I think I'll stick to either UK or Italy (mainly due to price).

Not bothered that this is now a FuturePak, as opposed to a Steelbook. I'm more concerned that Fox France have decided to use the same bland artwork that adorns virtually every other release announced to date, in both Steelbook and FuturePak formats. I know the German one is different but that release's artwork is just bad!

Given that Fox France have regularly chosen their own unique artwork for their Steelbook releases, it is disappointing that on this occasion, they have not bothered to do so. Especially so, since their release of the earlier "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" was superior to the other available versions.

The placeholder artwork, originally used for this release when first announced, fooled many of us into thinking that this would be the one to get. Unfortunately, that particular artwork seems only to have been used for the standard Amaray releases. Very much a lost opportunity to sweep the Steelbook board!

I shall be retaining my order with amazon.fr for this release because of the inclusion of the exclusive bonus DVD. If, however, one of the countries yet to announce details of their own releases, were to utilise some of the alternative and better artwork that is available, I would have no hesitation in double dipping.