PS4 Death Stranding - Collectors Edition (Game Exclusive) [UK]

Robsonmonkey

Premium Supporter
Apr 25, 2013
Purchase: Game UK
Price: £174.99

DeathStrandingCE.jpg

From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima comes an all-new, genre-defying experience for PlayStation4. Sam Bridges must brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Carrying the disconnected remnants of our future in his hands, he embarks on a journey to reconnect the shattered world one step at a time. With spectral creatures plaguing the landscape, and humanity on the verge of a mass extinction, it’s up to Sam to journey across the ravaged continent and save mankind from impending annihilation.

What is the mystery of the Death Stranding? What will Sam discover on the road ahead? An unprecedented gameplay experience holds these answers and more. Starring Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Léa Seydoux and Lindsay Wagner.

Collectors Edition includes:

• Full Game
• SteelBook case
• BB Pod Statue
• Ludens Key ring
• BRIDGES Cargo Case

Special gold versions of in-game items once earned through gameplay*

• Gold “Ludens Mask” Sunglasses (in-game item)
• Gold Power Skeleton (in-game item) – enhances ability to handle heavy cargo
• Gold All-Terrain Skeleton (in-game item) – enhances ability to remain upright when traversing uneven surfaces
• Gold Armour Plate (Lv. 2) (in-game item) – protects from falls, gunfire and other damage

*Unlock in-game items via story progression.

As well as these digital bonuses:

• Complete Avatar Set – receive 10 avatars featuring various characters from the game
• Timefall (Original Music from the World of Death Stranding)
• Timefall (Behind the Scenes footage)

Pre-orders receive special gold versions of in-game items**

• Gold “Sam” Sunglasses (in-game item)
• Gold Hat (in-game item)
• Gold Speed Skeleton (in-game item) – enhances the wearer’s muscle movement power to increase mobility
• Gold Armour Plate (in-game item) – padding on shoulders and legs to protect the wearer from falls, gunfire and other damage

**Unlock in-game items via story progression.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PS4 cover didn’t have the “Only on PS” label because DS it’s coming to PC at a later date, that’s the deal signed between Kojima and Sony, the game will be a timed PS4 exclusive and will be available on PC later on (won’t be available on Xbox), I don’t know if it’s a 6 or 12 months exclusive

The PS4 cover didn’t have the “Only on PS” label because DS it’s coming to PC at a later date, that’s the deal signed between Kojima and Sony, the game will be a timed PS4 exclusive and will be available on PC later on (won’t be available on Xbox), I don’t know if it’s a 6 or 12 months exclusive
So PS still have console exclusivity, which is fine by me... not that I'd actually care either way though lol.

This keeps going in and out of stock FYI, so if you're still wanting a copy, then just keep checking!

Initially thought it was pretty weird too but I'm warming to it as something I'd stick on a shelf. Interesting to note the review embargo for the game is up a week before launch.. this is actually quite refreshing and feels like they're being straight up with people who are on the fence about the game. Seen plenty of other (crappier) games hold out until the last minute because they know their game sucks. It's a confident move for a game people are still confused over.. and impressions will let me decide if I want to keep my CE preorder or not. What are you hiding Kojima? :naughty:

Reactions: Noodles and tridon
I still can't believe I've got this preordered, paying 150 euros more for a baby instead of just getting the steelbook... still might change my mind I guess. Wouldn't even consider such ridiculous price for anyone else but Kojima.

Reactions: Noodles
I still can't believe I've got this preordered, paying 150 euros more for a baby instead of just getting the steelbook... still might change my mind I guess. Wouldn't even consider such ridiculous price for anyone else but Kojima.
Haha same... keep telling myself I'll cancel and just pick up the steelbook, but every time I come to do it I hesitate and eventually change my mind lol.

Reactions: Paperinukke