PS5 Death Stranding - Director's Cut (2021)

Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Release Date : September 24, 2021
Price : TBA
Purchase Link : TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate the idea of this new trend of "director's cuts" with videogames, which is clearly a term they're using just to try and garner more hype (à la the Synder Cut) and therefore equalling more cash in their pockets. Even Kojima himself has come out and said nothing was actually cut from the original release and this new version just adds some extra content. If they're not expanding on the story, then add-ons such as this should be free IMO. Rockstar got it right with GTA!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Hate the idea of this new trend of "director's cuts" with videogames, which is clearly a term they're using just to try and garner more hype (à la the Synder Cut) and therefore equalling more cash in their pockets. Even Kojima himself has come out and said nothing was actually cut from the original release and this new version just adds some extra content. If they're not expanding on the story, then add-ons such as this should be free IMO. Rockstar got it right with GTA!
I think most of the director’s cuts are just ported for the new game systems, PS5, Xbox X|S. If they happen to land on older game systems I think that’s just a second factor. May be just improved graphics and such.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
I agree that a lot of developers nowadays are using fancy terms and remastering games just to squeeze more money out of the same content.
I'm a Collector's Edition owner so at least they could have supplied with that one a "Season Pass" that gave me access to future content.. but then again, Season Pass is just another way of milking money.

It's the new norm to sell an uncomplete video game and then milk money by finishing the game while it's on-going.

Reactions: Noodles
The quandry is that this new console generation has no damn games and they're struggling to justify their existence right now when almost all the foreseeable exclusive releases for the next 2 years are going to end up on last gen consoles as well. Covid of course has had a big impact on games being delayed and they will come in time and of course the presentation and some features will be better than on the old hardware - but I'm glad I didn't have any interest in adopting early on these machines. In Kojima's case of course this is nothing new for him - MGS1, 2 and 3 all had enhanced editions and MGSV got one eventhough it had no actual upgrades.

I platinumed Death Stranding. Took forever. Upgraded gear made the game so much better...and that was a ways at the end of it. I couldn't handle it again starting from scratch. :sleep:

I am still to grab Returnal but I don't think I want to get emotionally involved with anything that requires discipline haha.. I'm kinda going through the process of training for a new job and want to sort that out first before I make any plans for serious gaming :D
Will meanwhile try and get that Platinum for RE Code: Veronica X since I never got to get all trophies for it.

Will probably have to play Valhalla and Miles Morales as well at some point but it looks like very far in the future right now.

feeling badass after completing demons souls in under 5 hours haha (melee only, sharp falchion).. remembered almost everything from my last playthrough (3-5 years ago?)

next will be returnal.. im sure it will be much more challenging (maybe like first time playing demons souls hah)

• Wow
Reactions: tha_lunatic
feeling badass after completing demons souls in under 5 hours haha (melee only, sharp falchion).. remembered almost everything from my last playthrough (3-5 years ago?)

next will be returnal.. im sure it will be much more challenging (maybe like first time playing demons souls hah)
wtf?
you have to enjoy the game and dont rush through the game!

• Haha
Reactions: Thoth
same here, but i'll enjoy the new graphics, etc
you mean once you get a ps5 once ps6 pro arrives?

sloth GIF

• Haha
Reactions: tha_lunatic
GTA5 was released twice and will be released a 3rd time on the next gen consoles.

but... they did the best remaster. i cant wait to play the game again ...on ps5
I was referring to their constant free updates/add-ons. Remasters are a whole other story!