4K Mastered Deep Rising (20th Anniversary 4K Remastered Blu-ray) (Kino Lorber) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: August 21, 2018
Order: Amazon
Price: $19.98

DeepRising.jpg

Special Features/Tech Specs:
  • BRAND NEW 4K REMASTER struck from the original camera negative
  • Audio Commentary by Director Stephen Sommers and Editor Bob Ducsay
  • Interview with actor Wes Studi
  • Interview with actor Kevin O'Connor
  • Interview with actor Anthony Heald
  • Interview with second unit director Dean Cundey
  • Interview with VFX John Berton (ILM)
  • Interview with VFX Van Ling (Banned from the Ranch Entertainment)
  • Interview with Brad Proctor (SFX/Make-Up)
  • Interview with Doug Morrow (SFX/Make-Up)
  • Interview with Cinematographer Howard Atherton
  • ILM Behind-the-Scenes Extras (Animatic Sequence/Creature/Tests/Etc.)
  • Newly Commissioned Art by Jacob Phillips
  • Animated Image Gallery (Stills and Behind-the-Scenes)
  • Reversible Blu-ray Art
  • Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
  • 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo Audio
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature

Last edited:
outstanding that this much-loved late-night classic gets the refresher treatment, and also in 4K, too. you can never have too much Treat Williams! hope there'll be a UK version! :thumbs: but ideally without that cover. :meh:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
That artwork will be on the slipcover, but the amaray cover art will be reversible. Hopefully it's with the original jet-ski artwork:

A4fCuADWO8YdBKzjiWjfyG8FxXrzOk4SNperysn6n3FjukPr0xtP09oaCv7_dPr2ptI

Apparently it's this design on the reverse...

deep rising US.jpg

Might be the old 90's nostalgia kicking in but I really liked the day-glo UK quad poster lol

deep rising UK.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I do wish companies would stop with the "remastered in 4k". Unless they are actually doing a 4k pressing I don't want to know. Why not be honest and say "Remastered in 4k but we can't be arsed given you a 4k pressing so we're sticking with blu-ray"

You're in for treat, I have 3 copies of this on Laserdisc AC3 and DTS. And I always play this at least once a year. One thing I plan to do is compare to the laserdisc as I've seen too many titles from then being released for the 1st time on blu-ray and finding edits or cuts....

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Plus the trailer has narrator that did like every trailer back then, haha awesome. I’ve never seen this but since I like stuff like Leviathan and Deep Star Six, this seems up my alley.

It is Waaaaaaaaaaay better than Leviathan and Deep Star Six.
...and much love for the original "In a world...." trailer guy!!

Plus the trailer has narrator that did like every trailer back then, haha awesome. I’ve never seen this but since I like stuff like Leviathan and Deep Star Six, this seems up my alley.

DB, this is easily one of the best monster movies from the '90s. It's so much fun! I was so pumped for The Mummy (1999) when it was announced that the guy who made Deep Rising was making it.