Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Demonic
Price: EUR 23.99

81hxKNn-LVL._SL1500_.jpg

81TXLLhNNDL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
On another note, I cancelled my preorder for this today.

I can't see this being very popular and selling out.

Don't even know what the print run is. But I'm tired of getting caught out with everything dropping to around €10-€13 after a few weeks (especially German Steelbooks) so I'm waiting this one out for now.

Reactions: spookz
Wondering if it was one of those retro fit jobs done to boost sales of the blu-ray!

Has anybody ever seen one of those retro jobs? I know there are a few odd titles knocking around (mostly German I believe)

The Running Man 3D and Dawn Of The Dead 3D are two of them.

I'm wondering if the 3D conversion is properly done on those or do they just look like the old 'red and blues glasses' ones?

Was it any good Filmbloke?

Wondering if it was one of those retro fit jobs done to boost sales of the blu-ray!
It was ok, I wouldn't blind but it, as for me it was a watch once type of thing. It's a similar structure to Saw, but definitely has a couple of big jumps in it!

Edit: So exactly what you'd expect from a 'James Wan Presents' film...

Sorry, edit again! I really can't see how 3D would enhance it at all!!!

I did see this a few months back, as I'm a horror films fan, I quite enjoy it tho but again probably you need to see it for yourself cause I don't recommend to blind buy...
and well for 3D... I don't think this kind of low budget film would do the 3D... anybody knew the low budget with 3D? Texas Chainsaw?

I like that. Especially the 'skull' on the back cover

Will have to get this for my 'James Wan collection '!!!
It's just 'James Wan Presents'. Which means he just leant his name to it as the producer, like Wes Craven presents: Dracula 2000.
It means he had little to do with the actual movie.
By the way, the Germans are known for cranking out quick 3D blu rays for movies that were not 3D.
And the results are supposedly headache inducing. I almost fell for one of these, when I stumbled upon a DAYBREAKERS 3D blu ray from Germany. I knew it could not be true, and did some homework and found out about these (basically bargain basement) cheap 3D jobs.
German retailers have blu ray 3D versions of lots of films that were never 3D. It isn't real conversion, it is the equivelent of turning your tv setting to '3D effect' for 2D movies.
But, I think they get points for a better cover art that suits the story of the film.
The steelbook cover doesn't fit, and the original one sheet art is the best of all.
image.jpg

Last edited:
It's just 'James Wan Presents'. Which means he just leant his name to it as the producer, like Wes Craven presents: Dracula 2000.
It means he had little to do with the actual movie.

James Wan is a producer on this movie. Ok, it's not really his baby. But he had some input into the film. And he has a great mind/eye for horror.

Just like I also collect almost everything Spielberg produces. (like Gremlins, The Goonies etc.....) They still feel like a Spielberg film.....

James Wan is a producer on this movie. Ok, it's not really his baby. But he had some input into the film. And he has a great mind/eye for horror.

Just like I also collect almost everything Spielberg produces. (like Gremlins, The Goonies etc.....) They still feel like a Spielberg film.....
That's true. But that role is always kinda hazy. There are some producers who lend support in name only.
I'm not suggesting Wan didn't have input (I don't actually know), I was just mentioning it because there are some who get confused by ads and trailers trumpeting a producer's name.
If you watch the trailer, it rides his name so much you would be hard pressed to not think he directed it.
Another example of this is the new Blu ray Special Edition of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The title is actually Michael Bay's Texas Chainsaw Massacre on the cover! It's a selling tactic that is a little misleading. And I cringe because it makes me remember having conversations with people who would argue (with absolute certitude) that Poltergeist and Gremlins were some of Spielberg best movies...
RollingEyesSmiley5.gif
:LOL:
;)

Reactions: BluSteel2012
That's true. But that role is always kinda hazy. There are some producers who lend support in name only.
I'm not suggesting Wan didn't have input (I don't actually know), I was just mentioning it because there are some who get confused by ads and trailers trumpeting a producer's name.
If you watch the trailer, it rides his name so much you would be hard pressed to not think he directed it.
Another example of this is the new Blu ray Special Edition of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The title is actually Michael Bay's Texas Chainsaw Massacre on the cover! It's a selling tactic that is a little misleading. And I cringe because it makes me remember having conversations with people who would argue (with absolute certitude) that Poltergeist and Gremlins were some of Spielberg best movies...
RollingEyesSmiley5.gif
:LOL:
;)
I would think putting Michael Bays name on a movie would have the opposite effect and make people not want to buy it.