Disney Target Exclusives dead?

RMA

Nov 2, 2017
There’s been no Target Exclusive for Lightyear or the new Thor. Are the Disney Target Exclusives officially dead?

Yes, the most recent ones suck, with them removing Digibooks, then Digipaks, and finally booklets. I’m just wondering if there’s been any official news somewhere?

They made new deals to have Disney Stores in select Target stores and for merchandising for the next Black Panther movie. They didn’t mention the movie’s release on disc.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
There’s been no Target Exclusive for Lightyear or the new Thor. Are the Disney Target Exclusives officially dead?

Yes, the most recent ones suck, with them removing Digibooks, then Digipaks, and finally booklets. I’m just wondering if there’s been any official news somewhere?

They made new deals to have Disney Stores in select Target stores and for merchandising for the next Black Panther movie. They didn’t mention the movie’s release on disc.

No official announcement but quite possibly dead, yes.

I read in other forums or saw a YouTube video (don't recall now) that in the last few months that Target actually cleared out previous Disney exclusive digibooks and other exclusives that were still in their stores at heavily reduced prices.

Reactions: RMA

I read in other forums or saw a YouTube video (don't recall now) that in the last few months that Target actually cleared out previous Disney exclusive digibooks and other exclusives that were still in their stores at heavily reduced prices.
They’ve had multiple sales, but that’s not unusual. There’s still a couple in stock to ship at full price.

What they were doing the last year and a half, two years - o-ring slips with a flap and a pocket for 2 measly art cards - I wasn't buying anyway, so don't care at this point. For me their exclusives were dead for a while.

Reactions: RMA
What they were doing the last year and a half, two years - o-ring slips with a flap and a pocket for 2 measly art cards - I wasn't buying anyway, so don't care at this point. For me their exclusives were dead for a while.
I mostly agree. If they were still making them, there’s a minuscule chance someone may have noticed they had better profits when they had a better product.

Was it this video? Films at Home has been very accurate about physical media releases.