Disney's Title-less Steelbooks - Contacting Disney

Feb 10, 2016
UK
Okay, like many of you I've just seen the final artwork for the Disney steelbook release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Quite frankly it's at best terribly disappointing and at worst terrible.

Disney have, yet again, opted to portray character portraits on the spine instead of a film title. This is the norm for new Disney releases but many of us, perhaps even the majority, really dislike this practice.
What makes this example particularly egregious is that a series of 6 Star Wars steelbooks were literally just released which featured a heavy continuity. No more than a matter of weeks later Disney have revealed this release which completely ignores that continuity.

To be clear I believe there should at least be title on the spine or front cover.
I see that in North America Disney steelbook releases feature the movie title on the spine of front cover and in many cases both!

So for me this is the straw (you know, the one that breaks the poor creatures back?) and I'm going to do my best to contact Disney home video or whoever is responsible to express how much I dislike this in the hope I can orchistate a reversal of this policy.
It's likely too late for Star Wars but perhaps we can avoid Civil War, Finding Dory, Rogue One etc from having a bunch of portraits on the spine.

So does anyone know who is responsible and how I can contact them?
I'm hoping that there enough people who feel the same who would take a few minutes out of their day to send an email expressing their feelings on the matter. Perhaps we can get Zavvi's support as whenever they have a Disney exclusive steelbook it always has a title on the spine leading me to believe they prefer this.

Apologies if anyone thinks this is an over-reaction, believe me I realise the human race has much more pressing issues however most people reading this are steelbook collectors which are a premium product and perhaps we have the right to express our dissatisfaction?

I'd welcome any thoughts or recommendations on how to proceed with this!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 211
Okay, like many of you I've just seen the final artwork for the Disney steelbook release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Quite frankly it's at best terribly disappointing and at worst terrible.

Disney have, yet again, opted to portray character portraits on the spine instead of a film title. This is the norm for new Disney releases but many of us, perhaps even the majority, really dislike this practice.
What makes this example particularly egregious is that a series of 6 Star Wars steelbooks were literally just released which featured a heavy continuity. No more than a matter of weeks later Disney have revealed this release which completely ignores that continuity.

To be clear I believe there should at least be title on the spine or front cover.
I see that in North America Disney steelbook releases feature the movie title on the spine of front cover and in many cases both!

So for me this is the straw (you know, the one that breaks the poor creatures back?) and I'm going to do my best to contact Disney home video or whoever is responsible to express how much I dislike this in the hope I can orchistate a reversal of this policy.
It's likely too late for Star Wars but perhaps we can avoid Civil War, Finding Dory, Rogue One etc from having a bunch of portraits on the spine.

So does anyone know who is responsible and how I can contact them?
I'm hoping that there enough people who feel the same who would take a few minutes out of their day to send an email expressing their feelings on the matter. Perhaps we can get Zavvi's support as whenever they have a Disney exclusive steelbook it always has a title on the spine leading me to believe they prefer this.

Apologies if anyone thinks this is an over-reaction, believe me I realise the human race has much more pressing issues however most people reading this are steelbook collectors which are a premium product and perhaps we have the right to express our dissatisfaction?

I'd welcome any thoughts or recommendations on how to proceed with this!

I'm with you, we must do something !!!!

I'm 100% with you you on this. Steelbooks are meant to be premium releases.
This kind of crap is just laziness from Disney in my opinion.
Other companies pay more attention to their releases why can't Disney ?

Reactions: Greyback
I am in agreement! I just won't buy a steel like this and wait however long for someone to do it with the title on the spine and front cover. :happy: