District 9 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Release date: April 8th, 2010
Purchase link: Amazon.de

d9german.jpg

d9back.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom
Got it at last

Was the original G1 size around the world? I know at Future Shop it was which is why I never bothered with it.

Finally decided to get mine from Amazon.de ... guess I got a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th ...) printing since the back cover is printed rather than having the alien sign.

There was no artwork on the inside either, so customization was in order!

Attachments

• District9.jpg
    District9.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Was the original G1 size around the world? I know at Future Shop it was which is why I never bothered with it.

Finally decided to get mine from Amazon.de ... guess I got a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th ...) printing since the back cover is printed rather than having the alien sign.

There was no artwork on the inside either, so customization was in order!

The German Release was G2 Size!

Guess I blew it with this one! LOL ... oh well. Maybe I'll find the Future Shop one relatively cheap somewhere. But then again, hate double dipping these days since I have the German one now.

I ordered this form Amazon.de and was disappointed that the back image was not the alien sign!! Still love the front though.

In my opinion the best version by far is the french steelbook. Its got unique exclusive art on front and has back and interior artwork. Its also more rare than the other versions! A real beauty! ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believed only first print that comes with data sheet / inside artwork, later on what Amazon has in stock is print back with no inside artwork (ordered myself a long time ago...)

Reactions: badgerman
I ordered this form Amazon.de and was disappointed that the back image was not the alien sign!! Still love the front though.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I believed only first print that comes with data sheet / inside artwork, later on what Amazon has in stock is print back with no inside artwork (ordered myself a long time ago...)
Yep, subsequent releases have a printed back and no inside art. ;)

Re-release threads here
2nd release: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/25753/
3rd release [OMG, stop!] :( :www.hidefninja.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39391

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm coming up on 5 years on this forum. It's helped me find lots of Steelbooks. I thought I would add pics of one Steelbook each day (as they are in alphabetical order in my collection) to that particular Steelbooks corresponding thread. I thought it might be good for bumping the old titles for new collectors and appreciating/discussing them all over again!

Todays post is Steelbook # 23

District 9 German Steelbook Front.JPGDistrict 9 German Steelbook Back.JPGDistrict 9 German Steelbook Inside.JPG