paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2023
Purchase links: Cult Films UK - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.00 (Cult Films) - £28.99 ( Amazon - HMV) - £29.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: Slip Case Serial Numbered + reversible inlays with 3 key artworks + 64 Page Book

Django 4K UK.jpg

Last edited:
UK release
DJANGO 1st ever 4K-UHD [High Definition Restored] Limited, Numbered Edition Collector’s Set (Region Free).

Sergio Corbucci’s ground-breaking DJANGO is one of the greatest and most influential Westerns ever. Seminal, yet banned for decades, its aesthetics of visual cruelty transcended the genre and shaped today’s film-making language. Its major influence is declared by Quentin Tarantino - among many Hollywood directors - and seen in his all films.

Django, played by the legendary Franco Nero, is the mysterious lone gunslinger who, dragging a coffin behind him, arrives in a bleak, mud-drenched town where he’ll face two ruthless gangs of sadistic killers.

Presented uncut, from new 4K-restored elements, this definitive version is pristinely faithful to the original filmmakers’ vision as attested by Ruggero Deodato (of ‘Cannibal Holocaust’ fame) who shot several scenes of ‘DJANGO’ as the then-Assistant to Corbucci.

BONUS FEATURE: DJANGO & DJANGO 80 min with QUENTIN TARANTINO

A riveting feature-length testimonial by Quentin Tarantino complements this edition: showing many clips, he explains how Sergio Corbucci’s ‘Django’ permeates his own films from ‘Reservoir Dogs’ to his resounding tribute ‘Django Unchained’. And whimsically Tarantino tells how, in his ‘Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood’, his fictional actor, played by Leonardo DiCaprio,

ends up working for the real Sergio Corbucci. (By Steve Della Casa and Luca Rea. Directed by Luca Rea. 2021. 78 Mins).

SPECIAL FEATURES:

• On-disc interviews with Franco Nero on being Django, Ruggero Deodato (of ‘Cannibal Holocaust’ fame) on being Sergio Corbucci’s assistant, Alex Cox (Creator of BBC’ Moviedrome & cult-director of RepoMan) defines DJANGO
  • New reworked English subtitles & additional SDH
  • Perfect-Bound 64 pages booklet with foreword by Franco Nero: “Django The Western Cranked-up!” by Kevin Grant. FAB Press
  • ArtCard with original posters
  • Slip Case Serial Numbered + reversible inlays with 3 key artworks

Last edited:
Looks nothing like Italy 4Kult releases

Cult Films UK 4K release has a 64 page Booklet
I meant the the cover, with the 4K logo above with no banner, overall packaging design is different for sure with slipbox and booklet, the italian 4kult-ones had slipcovers and just a plastic card as item

Reactions: astycorax
Oh for crying out loud I just ordered the steelbook after sitting on the fence forever !

Lol I literally just ordered the steelbook too after wanting a copy forever and hearing all other releases were crap. Oh well, got the Arrow steelbook for about 15 quid with shipping so wasn't too much of a waste of money if I decide to get the 4k down the line. Arrow steelbook comes with Texas, Adios as well so thats a plus at least too.

Reactions: Fmac72
Available to order direct from Cult Films

No HDR, fairly flimsy box, Tarantino almost forgets to even talk about Django while waffling on about anything else he can (leading to a weird/suspicious handprint on the tv screen like someone actually tried slapping him, hard, about the face). Booklet is decent enough.

Stick with the arrow 4k, if you have that.

Reactions: sinusR2
No HDR, fairly flimsy box, Tarantino almost forgets to even talk about Django while waffling on about anything else he can (leading to a weird/suspicious handprint on the tv screen like someone actually tried slapping him, hard, about the face). Booklet is decent enough.

Stick with the arrow 4k, if you have that.
Cult Films UK never advertised would have HDR

4K UHD does not mean all releases must always have HDR
A poster on BD forum thought 4K UHD meant has to have HDR to be classifed as a 4K UHD release :LOL: :rofl:
You can have a 4K UHD release without HDR

It's not something new there has been other Film/TV 4K UHD releases without HDR from various labels

4K UHD = Ultra-High Definition (3,840 x 2,160)
UHD describes the number of pixels in a display

Are UHD and HDR the same thing?
No, UHD and HDR are not the same thing. They’re two distinct imaging quality standards.

Cult Films UK never advertised would have HDR

4K UHD does not mean all releases must always have HDR
A poster on BD forum thought 4K UHD meant has to have HDR to be classifed as a 4K UHD release :LOL: :rofl:
You can have a 4K UHD release without HDR

It's not something new there has been other Film/TV 4K UHD releases without HDR from various labels

4K UHD = Ultra-High Definition (3,840 x 2,160)
UHD describes the number of pixels in a display

Are UHD and HDR the same thing?
No, UHD and HDR are not the same thing. They’re two distinct imaging quality standards.
Eh? I never said, or even inferred, that Cult Films advertised the release as having HDR? (I merely inferred the release was a little bit s***e all round).

I’m also well aware that HDR is not a prerequisite for a UHD disc. Kino’s TGTB&TU, for example, is a great release, regardless of the lack of HDR. However, if there was already a 4K release of TGTB&TU widely available with HDR (that was generally considered to look the best the movie ever has) before Kino opted to release their own 4K version minus HDR, then I’d be wondering about the reasoning behind them not bothering and the merits of said omission.

Just like with Cult Films HDRless Django, coming along late in the day after Arrows 4K release that did have HDR.

Eh? I never said, or even inferred, that Cult Films advertised the release as having HDR? (I merely inferred the release was a little bit s***e all round).

I’m also well aware that HDR is not a prerequisite for a UHD disc. Kino’s TGTB&TU, for example, is a great release, regardless of the lack of HDR. However, if there was already a 4K release of TGTB&TU widely available with HDR (that was generally considered to look the best the movie ever has) before Kino opted to release their own 4K version minus HDR, then I’d be wondering about the reasoning behind them not bothering and the merits of said omission.

Just like with Cult Films HDRless Django, coming along late in the day after Arrows 4K release that did have HDR.
Poster on BD forum said It is quite misleading to brand it on the box as 4K UHD
It's not misleading as it is a 4K UHD Disc release

Note
Restoration of Django is from a 4K scan of the original camera negative by Arrow Video
Cult films used the arrow 4K scan and added some minor tweaks to the image for their release