Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

1.png

2.png
3.png
02-166543.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles and Sigill
Saw this last night and really liked it, but still not paying £30 - I'll either wait for a price drop, get a European blu-ray version, or not bother!!!

Reactions: Noodles
I expect this will include Blu-ray Disc as in be 2 Discs
The 4K Amaray release includes Blu-ray

Warner not done extras yet on 4K UHD discs so Blu-ray with film and extras will be needed to be included
Warner not done 4K UHD only releases as of yet

£29.99 is usual price for new release 4K+2D steelbook

Reactions: goufcustom
I wouldn't pay £30 for a 4K only steel even if I did have a 4K player.

I have a 4k player and wouldn't pay £30 for anything, let alone something that was probably shot on digital at 2k.

If anyone wants to get me started on the price of 4k discs.. we can talk about the John Wick Trilogy being £23 on Blu Ray and (currently) £80+ on 4k!

Reactions: j_uk and JayWhit
whats wrong with 4k steelbooks being £30? its been like this since 2016s so its nothing new

Not quite true, 30 in some cases got you a steelbook with 3D & 4K in it; HMV even sold some 4K steelbooks at 25.

I also have to ask why 4K release prices haven't dropped, when all other formats did!!

Personally, I think 4K disc prices (steelbook or not) are over priced - and it seems a few other people share that opinion - however if others think it's a good price, then fair enough. I have my opinion, they have theirs.

Not quite true, 30 in some cases got you a steelbook with 3D & 4K in it; HMV even sold some 4K steelbooks at 25.

I also have to ask why 4K release prices haven't dropped, when all other formats did!!

Personally, I think 4K disc prices (steelbook or not) are over priced - and it seems a few other people share that opinion - however if others think it's a good price, then fair enough. I have my opinion, they have theirs.
UHD disc prices have not dropped much since 2016 for a simple reason
4K UHD Disc sales only accounts for 5.3% globally as in worldwide as of end of 2018
Figures for end of 2019 not released yet but won't have a much of a change
UK has better % of sales for UHD Discs sales but it's only 13% and most of this was due to some individual titles selling well

Prices of UHD discs will drop when film distributors are in a position to do higer print runs of UHD discs as in when there is demand to increase the number of UHD discs made.
DVD and Blu-ray discs cost less as they make more discs in these formats creating lower cost per disc

The higher the print run of discs made = lower unit disc cost
That won't happen with UHD until there is a big increase of number of discs sold as in the demand increases

DVD Discs still outsells Blu-ray Discs if you not aware
DVD format still accounts for 57.9 percent of physical media sales worldwide
This is why DVD discs are a lot cheaper to purchase as there is more demand for this format

There is a big increase of using Streaming/On Demand services and also Cable/Satellite services for watching films so there is a drop in sales of physical discs format due to this

Playstation 5 when released in 2020 will have a 4K UHD player this might help increase of sales of UHD discs as PlayStation 3 did for Blu-ray
It won't though have the same impact PS3 did for Blu-ray

There is a huge increase of 4K TV's in homes but that a different thing to Physical Discs been purchased
A lot are using the 4K streaming ability of the 4K TV's instead to watch films

I have a 4k player and wouldn't pay £30 for anything, let alone something that was probably shot on digital at 2k.

If anyone wants to get me started on the price of 4k discs.. we can talk about the John Wick Trilogy being £23 on Blu Ray and (currently) £80+ on 4k!
I absolutely agree about the prices of 4k. I'm a big fan of 4k but the prices are eye watering at times but in time will go down for sure

when blu ray first came out you had to pay 20-25 for a new title in non SB format.
its always been this way.
with streaming doing so well I dont see 4k discs becoming more popular sadly.
i hope the ps5 increases sales like ps3 did for bluray.

Reactions: goufcustom
Even if 4K becomes more popular I can't see the prices dropping anytime soon or even that much, 4K has to cost more than Blu-ray and people seem happy to pay the current Blu-ray prices, I think prices of new release 4K steelbooks will only come down in price to £25 when or if they completely replace Blu-ray steelbooks.