Doctor Who - Series 5 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Mar 4, 2016
Release date: February 10, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Amazon - HMV) - £24.99 (Zoom) - £27.99 (Zavvi)

DrWhoSeries5_front.jpg

DrWhoSeries5_back.jpg

DrWhoSeries5_open.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheHutt
Ordered, don't usually collect Dr Who stuff but this series was my favourite so it's a no brainer.

Same here! This series was Moffat's best by far, and still my favourite series of "New Who". The Eleventh Hour was such a fun debut for Matt Smith, and Karen Gillan was a top companion!

Reactions: ethnosax
Seems to be a new Doctor Who steelbook every month now, must be rushing to get them all out before they start releasing it in 4K.

Not my generation but did buy the jumbo steelbook of this series released in 2010 ...
s-l1600.jpg

... but this Sophie Cowdrey Van Gogh inspired background ...
images (1).jpg
Doctor-Who-Series-5-steelbo.jpg
... definitely looks more attractive.

She also responsible for SERIES FOUR:-
D4adHO7WsAAALHS.jpg

Last edited:
Seems to be a new Doctor Who steelbook every month now, must be rushing to get them all out before they start releasing it in 4K.
AFAIK, it is still being recorded in 1080p rather than 4K. But then the first four series of Nu-Who (and The Next Doctor) were filmed in SD but have been upscaled for blu-ray release, as they are now doing for the original series. So upscaling Nu-Who at least to 4K is not beyond the realms of possibility....

Reactions: NinjaMonkey
I always seem to get stuff from Zoom the Saturday before release (or even, occasionally, the Friday). As I do with a lot of Zavvi releases as well, although their delivery times are a bit more hit and miss. As a Prime subscriber, Amazon never seem to dispatch until the day before release so I (nearly always) receive on the Monday.