Mar 12, 2018
UK
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Zoom
Price: £27.99

bbcbd0505_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s a lots of good in series 6.
It stumbles and falls there at the end, but Christmas Carol, Impossible Astronaut, The Doctor’s Wife, the God Complex, Night Terrors... all fantastic.

Agree there. The Doctor's Wife probably the last great Dr Who story before the decline.

Ordered from HMV :thumbs:

Question is did I order series 5 as I was quite lax with Walking Dead 9, Game of Thrones 8...hmmm...

Agree there. The Doctor's Wife probably the last great Dr Who story before the decline.

*Coughs in “Night Terrors”, “God Complex”, “Time Heist”, “Under the Lake”, “Before the Flood”, “The Zygon Invasion”, “The Zygon Inversion”, “Heaven Sent”, “Hell Bent”, “Extremis”, “The World Enough and Time”, “The Doctor Falls”, and “Twice upon a time”.

Does anyone know is Zoom send steelbooks in jiffy envelopes or cardboard boxes? Thanks
Boxes in my experience but I've still received damaged steels from them before (on at least separate occasions iirc), so it doesn't guarantee that they will arrive undamaged, unfortunately.

*Coughs in “Night Terrors”, “God Complex”, “Time Heist”, “Under the Lake”, “Before the Flood”, “The Zygon Invasion”, “The Zygon Inversion”, “Heaven Sent”, “Hell Bent”, “Extremis”, “The World Enough and Time”, “The Doctor Falls”, and “Twice upon a time”.
I

I give up after Mat Smiths last story and the rare time that i tuned in after that I tuned out pretty sharpish. I haven't watched the show in 5 years and there is zero chance of me ever watching it again as I cancelled my TV licence last year.

No I haven't ordered it, I best get one ordered before they sell out (not sure that's a thing with Dr Who steelbooks anymore.)

I

I give up after Mat Smiths last story and the rare time that i tuned in after that I tuned out pretty sharpish. I haven't watched the show in 5 years and there is zero chance of me ever watching it again as I cancelled my TV licence last year.

Yeah- the final run of Series 7 was pretty atrocious.
Honestly the ending of Series 6 made absolutely no sense at all... and Series 8 has a few late starts, but it’s bolstered by Capaldi’s resounding grip on the character and lean in to HARD science fiction storytelling. The show hits it’s stride in series 9, with what might be the single greatest season that Doctor Who has ever had. Series 10 is still quite strong and ends on one of the series’ high notes.

And then it all falls apart with Chris Chibnall. xD

Reactions: Lollard2002
Yeah- the final run of Series 7 was pretty atrocious.
Honestly the ending of Series 6 made absolutely no sense at all... and Series 8 has a few late starts, but it’s bolstered by Capaldi’s resounding grip on the character and lean in to HARD science fiction storytelling. The show hits it’s stride in series 9, with what might be the single greatest season that Doctor Who has ever had. Series 10 is still quite strong and ends on one of the series’ high notes.

And then it all falls apart with Chris Chibnall. xD

If I Had to pick the greatest season of Dr Who, ever Tom Baker's 3 season. From Masque to Talons, pretty much perfection. For me TV simply doesn't get any better followed closely by his last season..... That was Dr Who at the peak of it's power. There were other excellent seasons in the old and new season but that's the season that stands out for me and what i judge all seasons by. For Nu Who I would say David Tennant's final Season (not the specials that followed). It was for me the most consistently excellent season of new Who. I just felt from the specials onwards there really was none at the controls anymore keeping a tight reign..... With the classic show I lost interest after Logopolis and never had the same interest again and I'd been watching since Power of the Daleks....

Reactions: FN-2187
Already Sold Out!

No surprise there. With no announcement on the next Dr Who Collection volume and the repressing of Tom Baker's 3rd season fans were looking for something new and that steelbook just fitted the bill.