Release date: April 19, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £27.99

12913580-2064845638830419.jpg
12913580-1974845638971635.jpg
12913580-1814845639033060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Blazerfires
Season 7 is where i stopped. Not interested in any after that so I'm a happy camper....... Hopefully they'll do the classic Who sets in steelbooks with the right logos....... Talking about logos hate the way the first 7 steelbooks have the wrong logos.

For New Who, yes. But Web of Fear is still to be released, though:

Thank you for the heads up again, you beaut.

And Twice Upon A Time, if it gets one.

I wouldn't be surprised if they looped around to do 9, 10, 1, 2 and 3 with new art work (and the new logo on the spine)

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if they bothered doing Twice Upon a Time on its lonesome. I would be 100% for it, I think that that special and Rachel Talalay’s directing is impeccable, but the most I see them doing is releasing a new version of the Series 11 Steelbook to match the artwork of all the other steels and this time include the Christmas special.

I do not think they’ll go back and fix the spines. I think that’s just something we’re gonna have to deal with.

Honestly this artwork is also disappointing as hell. I was REALLY hoping that they’d bring back Alice X Zhang to finish out Capaldi’s run to have a trilogy of steelbooks with a unified art style.

Has anyone had their copy despatched yet? mine's on order with Zavvi, and still no movement.
I've had my Amazon copy dispatched

I ordered a Zavvi one as well but no movement on that still. The past three or four Doctor Who steelbooks I've ordered from Zavvi didn't dispatch until a week or two after the release date which is why I ordered a backup as they've been selling out without fail now. Don't know why they seen to have trouble specifically with their supplies of the DW steels

As long as the Amazon one arrives in good shape I'll be cancelling the Zavvi one

Reactions: Bladelia
I've had my Amazon copy dispatched

I ordered a Zavvi one as well but no movement on that still. The past three or four Doctor Who steelbooks I've ordered from Zavvi didn't dispatch until a week or two after the release date which is why I ordered a backup as they've been selling out without fail now. Don't know why they seen to have trouble specifically with their supplies of the DW steels

As long as the Amazon one arrives in good shape I'll be cancelling the Zavvi one
Same here, and credit card charged. Delivery expected tomorrow.

The logos are a problems for both the steels and the new bluu rays as they simply don't match the eras they come from
True. Although the saving grace is at least they have been consistent (so far, at least) on the blu-ray sets. Whereas the steebooks have a mix of logos. Having started with the current logo on the blu-ray sets, I only hope that they continue with it as and when the logo changes again (as inevitably it will at some point). As they did with the DVD releases, resisting the temptation to use any of the NuWho logos as they were introduced.

True. Although the saving grace is at least they have been consistent (so far, at least) on the blu-ray sets. Whereas the steebooks have a mix of logos. Having started with the current logo on the blu-ray sets, I only hope that they continue with it as and when the logo changes again (as inevitably it will at some point). As they did with the DVD releases, resisting the temptation to use any of the NuWho logos as they were introduced.
If they used the right logos for the right eras, there wouldn't be a problem and they wouldn't have to worry about the right logos