Doctor Who: The Series 13 Specials (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: November 7, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Amazon - HMV) - £39.99 (Zavvi)

915n01TPS+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91ncDZB7PPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81AWnXQqUSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know plenty of people in the trade and shops and they have told me they can't shift NU-Who stuff for love of money. Classic Who no problems. Even before Jodie's first season came out on DVD and blu-ray amazon were offering 35% discount. They still didn't shift. At David Tennants height he was shifting over 350 thousand DVD's in sales. Jodie barely sold 7 thousand DVDs and most ended up on ebay. I read the trade figures on that a few years back. Haven't seen the recent season yet. No idea on the blu-ray sales. A Tom Baker figurine at £300 sold out within hours. They can't even shift A Jodie Whittaker toy at £20 reduced to £3....
You need to move on you really do. Imagine being so angry at a TV show you hold figures like that in your back pocket just to throw around online to prove you are angry and done with the show. What a sad little man. Go and find something you really enjoy rather then being this angry about a show you have clearly out grown.

Reactions: RyanD
You need to move on you really do. Imagine being so angry at a TV show you hold figures like that in your back pocket just to throw around online to prove you are angry and done with the show. What a sad little man. Go and find something you really enjoy rather then being this angry about a show you have clearly out grown.
Nothing to do with being angry. I stopped watching the show over 7 maybe 8 years ago. I worked in advertising for 40 years so was used to seeing figures for products and how they do and I can tell you know a lot of major companies especially in the entertainment business are in serious trouble. Dr Who is just the tip of the iceberg. Clearly something has went seriously wrong with the entertainment industry but none wants to find out why. Why that is is a debate for other people. As for being a little man, I'm 6 foot 3. I maybe a lot of things little is not one of them...... As for being sad, never been happier.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Bunk
Nothing to do with being angry. I stopped watching the show over 7 maybe 8 years ago. I worked in advertising for 40 years so was used to seeing figures for products and how they do and I can tell you know a lot of major companies especially in the entertainment business are in serious trouble. Dr Who is just the tip of the iceberg. Clearly something has went seriously wrong with the entertainment industry but none wants to find out why. Why that is is a debate for other people. As for being a little man, I'm 6 foot 3. I maybe a lot of things little is not one of them...... As for being sad, never been happier.....
Well for someone who lost interest 8 years ago you certainly have alot to say . There's plenty things that I have out grown and that's OK, it's this beautiful thing called life but grown ups just move on with their lives and maybe dip back into that franchise at a later date when there's a bit of buzz around it again or something. But not to still be posting 8 years later. Seriously go find a hobby or something you love and let it go. I guarantee you'll hate RTD2 just as much if not more. Clean that toxic energy out of yourself with a nice bubble bath or something.

That's what annoys me about threads like this. It's just toxic people slating something they have no interest in buying its just a dumping ground for people playing politics and its the same everywhere. I come on here for 1 thing and only 1 thing discussions about the product with others who will be buying it, maybe natter about special features, artwork (especially when it's a Doctor Who release). But no people can't see a thread and say "I'm not interested in that so I'm not even gonna click on it." It's "let's moan about how this isn't as good as it was and everyone ruined it. Its the same all over (marvel, disney, star wars, doctor who ect) its boring and let's be real it ain't gonna change the over all quality of the product is it? No amount of people kicking off on line is gonna change the finished product is it? It's man shouts at cloud level crazy crap.

Last edited:
Well for someone who lost interest 8 years ago you certainly have alot to say . There's plenty things that I have out grown and that's OK, it's this beautiful thing called life but grown ups just move on with their lives and maybe dip back into that franchise at a later date when there's a bit of buzz around it again or something. But not to still be posting 8 years later. Seriously go find a hobby or something you love and let it go. I guarantee you'll hate RTD2 just as much if not more. Clean that toxic energy out of yourself with a nice bubble bath or something.

That's what annoys me about threads like this. It's just toxic people slating something they have no interest in buying its just a dumping ground for people playing politics and its the same everywhere. I come on here for 1 thing and only 1 thing discussions about the product with others who will be buying it, maybe natter about special features, artwork (especially when it's a Doctor Who release). But no people can't see a thread and say "I'm not interested in that so I'm not even gonna click on it." It's "let's moan about how this isn't as good as it was and everyone ruined it. Its the same all over (marvel, disney, star wars, doctor who ect) its boring and let's be real it ain't gonna change the over all quality of the product is it? No amount of people kicking off on line is gonna change the finished product is it? It's man shouts at cloud level crazy crap.
I don't make personal comments about people but you seem to be able to do it no problems with crackers like "Sad little man" and "clean out that toxic energy". I'd say you're the one that has issues not me. Surprised the moderators haven't pulled you over your comments. You're entitled not to like my comments, what you are not entitled to do is make personal comments about me. I suggest you clean up your act and fast.

• Thanks
Reactions: Bunk
I don't make personal comments about people but you seem to be able to do it no problems with crackers like "Sad little man" and "clean out that toxic energy". I'd say you're the one that has issues not me. Surprised the moderators haven't pulled you over your comments. You're entitled not to like my comments, what you are not entitled to do is make personal comments about me. I suggest you clean up your act and fast.
Well I'm right tho. People seem to forget that others don't care about the political crap or how much people my hate the "current era" people actually want to talk about the topic that these threads are meant to be about. Physical media! That's all I come on here for but majority of the time these days it's filled with toxic commentors with the same tag line of "this show/film/franchise has been destroyed, I won't be buying this" followed by about 2 paragraphs or conversations about why it is they hate it which to be Frank again doesn't change the finished product. It's boring and as I say takes away from the types of conversations these threads are designed for. The physical release. The special features, artwork. I mean take me. I personally am not a fan of Star Trek but each time there's a new release I don't post in that thread "I don't like this show" nor do I criticis something I didn't enjoy. I don't see the point of it. Never have nor will I ever in the future. This isn't the place for that type of behaviour.

Well I'm right tho. People seem to forget that others don't care about the political crap or how much people my hate the "current era" people actually want to talk about the topic that these threads are meant to be about. Physical media! That's all I come on here for but majority of the time these days it's filled with toxic commentors with the same tag line of "this show/film/franchise has been destroyed, I won't be buying this" followed by about 2 paragraphs or conversations about why it is they hate it which to be Frank again doesn't change the finished product. It's boring and as I say takes away from the types of conversations these threads are designed for. The physical release. The special features, artwork. I mean take me. I personally am not a fan of Star Trek but each time there's a new release I don't post in that thread "I don't like this show" nor do I criticis something I didn't enjoy. I don't see the point of it. Never have nor will I ever in the future. This isn't the place for that type of behaviour.
People have the right to say what they want within reason. Unless I've missed something we live in a democracy. I have the right to offend, I also have the right to be offended, it's called free speech. But even free speech has its limits and getting personal with someone simply because you don't like what they have to say is crossing that line and shows a serious level of
immaturity on your part. I read a lot of posts in this forum I personally don't like, but I never resort to name calling and slagging people off. Sorry you don't seem to understand that basic level of civility that is required when dealing with people.

Okay dokey Lollard2002. Can we drop it now in favor of actual discussion about the product now please? Sorry I over stepped but its been coming for a very very very long time seeing threads derailed by pointless chat by people who don't actually give a toss about the product its just a base to drone on about stuff as seen on page 1 from yourself and others that over all have no effect on the finished product. This is after all a Blu-ray and steelbook thread. Nothing about sales, the current era or how much some hate it.

Okay dokey Lollard2002. Can we drop it now in favor of actual discussion about the product now please? Sorry I over stepped but its been coming for a very very very long time seeing threads derailed by pointless chat by people who don't actually give a toss about the product its just a base to drone on about stuff as seen on page 1 from yourself and others that over all have no effect on the finished product. This is after all a Blu-ray and steelbook thread. Nothing about sales, the current era or how much some hate it.
Fair enough but do read the thread again. Someone did ask if the show was still viable and I simply replied knowing what i know from the various merchandising retailers. As for the product waste of time buying these steels when there are been no consistency in terms of fonts and visuals between each steel and the next. Even going as far was using fonts from the wrong era.

Well as said before. Artwork wise this is easily the best looking of this era. I own all of the new who run so far from 1-flux so this will be added. Love the artwork Sophie Cowdry has done for this. But she did some amazing art for series 4 and 5-7. I wasn't as keen on the series 8 steelbook but really.glad they asked her back for this.

Well as said before. Artwork wise this is easily the best looking of this era. I own all of the new who run so far from 1-flux so this will be added. Love the artwork Sophie Cowdry has done for this. But she did some amazing art for series 4 and 5-7. I wasn't as keen on the series 8 steelbook but really.glad they asked her back for this.
But the lack of continuity on fonts is a problem. Let's it down.....

Whoever makes these sets or allows them clearly doesn't pay attention. When I owned the steelbooks they changed as the set went along and don't get me started on the font being used for The Classic collection...
Well I don't have a problem with them but hey that's me. Every artist is available on twitter if you wish to voice your discontent with them

I assume it's the head of the design team that's making these calls not the artist. Is it really that hard to put the right logo for the right era?
Well it's an age old question from way back in the days of dvds. But of course the show is gonna use the most up to date logo for its marketing and media. Why shouldn't it and more importantly why wouldn't it. There's talented people out there who make steelbook magnets so you can choose to have whatever variations of logos you wish to have on display be that all in the classic logo style, new 2018 logo, the RDT era with its logo, then Smith, Capaldi and Jodie. Try being a big finish collector with all the different logo variations. As for the collection they are all uniformed on the shelf for now... it may or may not continue with future release. You are simply splitting hairs and none of your points really make any difference to this particular release. If the problem is the new logo then surely you'd be over the moon that a release is coming out where the logo matches the era even if its past your own personal preference of the show.

Well it's an age old question from way back in the days of dvds. But of course the show is gonna use the most up to date logo for its marketing and media. Why shouldn't it and more importantly why wouldn't it. There's talented people out there who make steelbook magnets so you can choose to have whatever variations of logos you wish to have on display be that all in the classic logo style, new 2018 logo, the RDT era with its logo, then Smith, Capaldi and Jodie. Try being a big finish collector with all the different logo variations. As for the collection they are all uniformed on the shelf for now... it may or may not continue with future release. You are simply splitting hairs and none of your points really make any difference to this particular release. If the problem is the new logo then surely you'd be over the moon that a release is coming out where the logo matches the era even if its past your own personal preference of the show.
But each era has its own specific logo so I would expect the Diamond logo for the 1st 6 seasons of Tom Baker and say Franklin Gothic for the William Hartnell era and say Times for the Patrick Troughton era and so on. To me it's like sticking the original Star Trek logo on every Star Trek series that came out. Just jars and is wrong..... Also you have to remember because of the long time span of the show there are going to be people out there who are only interested in specific eras of the show. So you may say a McCoy fan who is only interested in buying that era and simply doesn't want to know about any other era of the show. Also I would have thought doing the proper logo would be a strength in that it shows how long the show has been around and how it has changed over the decades.

But each era has its own specific logo so I would expect the Diamond logo for the 1st 6 seasons of Tom Baker and say Franklin Gothic for the William Hartnell era and say Times for the Patrick Troughton era and so on. To me it's like sticking the original Star Trek logo on every Star Trek series that came out. Just jars and is wrong..... Also you have to remember because of the long time span of the show there are going to be people out there who are only interested in specific eras of the show. So you may say a McCoy fan who is only interested in buying that era and simply doesn't want to know about any other era of the show. Also I would have thought doing the proper logo would be a strength in that it shows how long the show has been around and how it has changed over the decades.
Maybe to you not too marketing teams. I mean doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me. It's not like the logo on the front changes what the over all product is inside. Its not like they have redesigned every single intro to the show with the new logo or theme. Again you ate simply splitting hairs and I'd simply advise you if you don't like it then don't buy it but moaning about it isn't gonna change that fact. Like I said before this is an age old thing from back in the dvd era days and probably further back then that. But again this thread has nothing to do with any of this

Whoever makes these sets or allows them clearly doesn't pay attention. When I owned the steelbooks they changed as the set went along and don't get me started on the font being used for The Classic collection...

The artist doesn’t get a say in the matter when it comes to the logo.