Doctor Who - The Specials (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: September 2, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (Amazon) - £28.99 (Zoom) - £27.99 (Zavvi)

1562152730029.jpeg

1562152761538.jpeg

1562152804602.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That actually works out better for me. September sees me with 3 birthdays, the B&M figures and the Avengers Endgame steelbook. So this gives me a bit of breathing space. Phew!

I'm surprised that they used Donna on the rear artwork over lady Christina from planet of the dead or at least someone from the next doctor. However I do like the artwork. Not surprised the BBC pushed the date back as per usual with doctor who releases. Definitely looking forward to adding this to my collection

Received my copy yesterday from Zoom as well.

Discovered that the bonus disc also includes both episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures story, The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith (in HD), in addition to The Infinite Quest and Dreamland. A nice bonus that I wasn't aware of or expecting.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: GeoRattray
I got mine from zavvi yesterday with about 5 other zavvi orders. My only complaint?. That wretched logo. Does not belong there..... I want the proper logo for the era like the season box sets for the classic show.

Discovered that the bonus disc also includes both episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures story, The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith (in HD), in addition to The Infinite Quest and Dreamland. A nice bonus that I wasn't aware of or expecting.

You'll enjoy the Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith in my opinion way better than most of the new Who episodes. I actually think the Sarah Jane Adventures are closer in feel to the classic show than nu Who was/is? if that makes sense.....

Received my copy yesterday from Zoom as well.

Yeah - that was on the amaray DT collection too.

You'll enjoy the Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith in my opinion way better than most of the new Who episodes. I actually think the Sarah Jane Adventures are closer in feel to the classic show than nu Who was/is? if that makes sense.....
Oh, I had seen it before when it was originally shown on TV and was hoping that it would turn up as an extra somewhere like the Death of the Doctor episodes did (on The Green Death DVD in SD originally, then again on the Complete Series 10 blu-ray in HD).

Oh, I had seen it before when it was originally shown on TV and was hoping that it would turn up as an extra somewhere like the Death of the Doctor episodes did (on The Green Death DVD in SD originally, then again on the Complete Series 10 blu-ray in HD).

Wasn't the Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith in HD to begin with and if I remember rightly one season we have still to get in HD